Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to do a house cleanout?

Asking for someone else....

House investors, how much can I expect to pay to have a very nasty, dirty, hoarding house emptied out? Contents could be placed at curb, no dumpster needed. No rush, doesn't have to be done all at once.

House is about 1250sq', market, $145k, but it badly needs a roof, plumbing, electric, and a whole lot of floor/sheetrock/exterior trim repairs.

HOUSE NOT FOR SALE

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    Asking for someone else....

House investors, how much can I expect to pay to have a very nasty, dirty, hoarding house emptied out? Contents could be placed at curb, no dumpster needed. No rush, doesn't have to be done all at once.

House is about 1250sq', market, $145k, but it badly needs a roof, plumbing, electric, and a whole lot of floor/sheetrock/exterior trim repairs.

HOUSE NOT FOR SALE
    Very much depends on how full of stuff it is and what kind of stuff
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Free estate sale you say!!!!!

Comment

If you need the person to do a deep cleaning at the same time you could easily spend 15 or $1,800 getting it done and that's not a screw you price
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I just had my normal house cleaned the other day and it was 250 bucks. They didn't have to move much shit around. So it's going to be expensive. Granted my house is moe than twice as much square footage.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            I just had my normal house cleaned the other day and it was 250 bucks. They didn't have to move much shit around. So it's going to be expensive. Granted my house is moe than twice as much square footage.
            Nice barg.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Very much depends on how full of stuff it is and what kind of stuff
              Like I said...nasty. Hoarder, wade through garbage, lots of pet fecal matter. No carpet, just hardwood flooring. Appliances must go too. Not looking for a deep clean, just remove everything, vacuum, mop. Not wiping down walls or baseboards or doing windows.

Comment

^^^ If it's really as bad as you're describing I would feel lucky to only have to pay $1,500.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

why would you not get a dumpster? to put it by the curb and expect it to get picked up means it would have to be in trash bags, no? Seems like putting it in trash bags would be time consuming and then you have to hope the trash guys pick it all up. Some of the good, salvageable crap would get picked up but then you'd be left with trash scattered everywhere because the people looking for good stuff isn't going to care.

Comment

Do not pile anything that can be considered HAZMAT at the curb. If you get reported you will be paying thousands for cleanup and they will probably want the house to be checked out as well.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        why would you not get a dumpster? to put it by the curb and expect it to get picked up means it would have to be in trash bags, no? Seems like putting it in trash bags would be time consuming and then you have to hope the trash guys pick it all up. Some of the good, salvageable crap would get picked up but then you'd be left with trash scattered everywhere because the people looking for good stuff isn't going to care.
                        This. Rent a dumpster and some hard working high school or college kids. If it is all trash and doesn't need sorted, that will be your cheapest option

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by black2002ls; 11-05-2020, 02:13 PM.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          This. Rent a dumpster and some hard working high school or college kids. If it is all tradh and doesn't need aorted, that will be your cheapest option

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Better provide those kids with the proper gloves and filtered masks if you want them going through all that bio waste shit.

Sent from my Galaxy S37 Pixel Future Note 8XL using Brainwave Transcriber.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Better provide those kids with the proper gloves and filtered masks if you want them going through all that bio waste shit.

Sent from my Galaxy S37 Pixel Future Note 8XL using Brainwave Transcriber.
                            It's just cat shit...who hasn't scooped cat shit before.

I'd still provide masks though. I'd pick up a couple of day laborers though.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              It's just cat shit...who hasn't scooped cat shit before.

I'd still provide masks though. I'd pick up a couple of day laborers though.
                              People who have had some form of toxoplasmosis might see the need to be extra careful with large amounts of it, especially the amount usually encountered in a hoarders home.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X