No announcement yet.

Uppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered 2 uppers nov 1 and still haven't heard anything but my buddies ordered weeks later and already have their stuff.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Just bought one, chrome bcg and such.

Thanks!

Now, to just wait for my lower and this to get in!

Comment

Are those pencil barrels any good?

Comment

Pulled the trigger, thanks much!

Comment

I may order another basic upper... Need to send off for sbr tax stamps though

Comment

I keep going back and looking at http://shop.redxarms.com/X-TREME-75-...LY-75SSCUA.htm

Is this used on a standard lower or for a pistol lower? Sure looks like with a collapsible stock it would be great for CQC....

Thoughts? Feedback?

Comment

that would be a sbr if on a standard lower. That would be ok on a pistol lower and prepare to go deaf

Comment

Plase excuse my idocy, but what is "sbr"?

disregard question, got it figured out.....so you'd have to register it with BATFE and pay a $200 tax.....

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                    Plase excuse my idocy, but what is "sbr"?
                    short barrel rifle.. you have to register that one with the ATF with all NFA rules. It will cost you $200 just for the stamp from the ATF to build it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      short barrel rifle.. you have to register that one with the ATF with all NFA rules. It will cost you $200 just for the stamp from the ATF to build it.
                      Does this have to be done before they would ship you the upper? Or before you turned it into a legal firearm??

Comment

I think they will ship you the upper because it can be used on a pistol lower. However if you put it on a rifle lower, it's a crime without the stamp. and some may argue that without the stamp or pistol lower, it shows intent to make an SBR.

I'm sure somebody will come in and correct me.

Comment

Beware of constructive intent also.

Comment

Best way to deal with it is buy it and put it on a lower that has never been a rifle receiver before (just build out a stripped lower).

Then put a pistol buffer tube on it and hold on to it until you get your stamp back. Then just swap out the tube and put a stock on it and you are good to go.

Just make sure you don't have any rifle lowers sitting around that you could put the "pistol" upper on to.

And 7.5" is ridiculous fun unsuppressed, I just sent an inquiry in to see if they make the 7.5" in .300 BLK as I can shoot subsonic .300BLK through my 9mm suppressor.

Comment

I just ordered the RXA15 tactial upper without sights. $409 shipped; figure you aren't going to beat that, especially now. They didn't raise their prices to take advantage of a hot market, and that, to me, says a lot about them as a company.

Edit: fyi even though the upper is on back order until the order gets to the front of the line to be built, they still charged me for it immediately. I don't care, but seeing as how some companies do not charge for a backordered part until it ships, I thought it worth mentioning.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                                I just ordered the RXA15 tactial upper without sights. $409 shipped; figure you aren't going to beat that, especially now. They didn't raise their prices to take advantage of a hot market, and that, to me, says a lot about them as a company.

Edit: fyi even though the upper is on back order until the order gets to the front of the line to be built, they still charged me for it immediately. I don't care, but seeing as how some companies do not charge for a backordered part until it ships, I thought it worth mentioning.
                                backordered? Said it is in stock?

Comment

Working...
                                X