Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1K for a .45 handgun....

What would you pick?

Looking for new ideas, but right now I'm on the fence about an HK .45 (non-USP) or FN 5.7... Fielding any other thoughts though. Ability to take a threaded barrel for a can is a plus.

FN makes a 45 with a pre threaded barrel and suppressor friendly sights.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Chrome taurus or completely decked out hi-point!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I like the 45 CT. Threaded, compact, raised sights, etc:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I have the new Sig P227 on order. We will see how well I like it when ever it comes in.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I like the FN 5.7. They seem to be gaining popularity. Time to time I want another HK, but Ill wait for the market to finish settling down and get one for around 600ish.

I really want a Tavor, so that'll be my next major purchase
            Last edited by War Machine; 10-18-2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

5.7 ammo is expensive would be the only drawback I would see.

See if you like the Witness Elite Limited, those are sexy and in that range.
              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                I like the 45 CT.
                Nice. Mega-contender...

I really want the 5.7, but finding them, as well as reasonably priced ammo, is the challenge right now...

Comment

I don't see the 5.7 ammo ever being widely available. I've heard good things about the FN .45 though. Doesn't someone hear on the board have one?

Comment

At one time, 5.7x28 was $20 for fifty rounds (even with other popular calibers) but now it is just insane and unavailable. Also, be wary of the round's abilities. Everyone exaggerates its ability to penetrate armor and whatnot, but I tested it:

Every time the 5.7x28mm cartridge comes up in a discussion, you always hear someone talk about its ability to penetrate a row of Abrams tanks and then continue on into the next county, but there is not a lot of information out there to prove the manufacturer’s incredible claims about the round’s ability to penetrate … Read More …

Basically without the restricted and unavailable SS190 ball rounds it is not extraordinary.

My recommendations would be:
                    45ct or 45 full size
                    Sig P220 (I shot one with an Osprey and it was awesome)
                    Springfield 1911 with a threaded barrel

I have shot an FN 45acp pistol with the threaded barrel and a trijicon RMR and was not really impressed. It did not feel right to me but that doesn't mean that it won't for you. I have the FNX 9mm and I don't shoot well with it either, but I bought it at a gun show for $450 I think so it is not bad for the money.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

At one time, 5.7x28 was $20 for fifty rounds (even with other popular calibers) but now it is just insane and unavailable. Also, be wary of the round's abilities. Everyone exaggerates its ability to penetrate armor and whatnot, but I tested it:

Every time the 5.7x28mm cartridge comes up in a discussion, you always hear someone talk about its ability to penetrate a row of Abrams tanks and then continue on into the next county, but there is not a lot of information out there to prove the manufacturer’s incredible claims about the round’s ability to penetrate … Read More …

Basically without the restricted and unavailable SS190 ball rounds it is not extraordinary.

45ct or 45 full size

I have shot an FN 45acp pistol with the threaded barrel and a trijicon RMR and was not really impressed. It did not feel right to me but that doesn't mean that it won't for you. I have the FNX 9mm and I don't shoot well with it either, but I bought it at a gun show for $450 I think so it is not bad for the money.
                      You're recommending a 1911 with a threaded barrel? So you think a suppressed 1911 is a good option?

Comment

45ct or 45 full size

Nice write-up.

I've had a P220 and am still very much a fan. I need to try out the CT, as based upon personal preference, it looks to fit the bill.

Comment

There is a company in OK loading 5.7 ammo (still expensive but here ) to the mil spec tho the need for a pistol that shoots through x layers of kevlar is of limited use. The regular ammo is fun and the 30rd mags are nice Jarvis makes a 1/2x28 threaded barrel for it also

In terms of threaded 45's The FNX tactical is nice, I agree the RMR(or other dot sight) is a little over kill and makes the pistol a little to tall for my liking. The HK variants are nice I have a USP tactical that I like tho it is a little on the big side for most people. The CT is nice just not ergonomic for me (didn't feel right)

There are a few options in 1911's sig and remington both have a threaded version in the 1K mark. Between the 2 I'd go sig seems to be a better built pistol in my opinion. Personally I'd buy a scorpion and add a barrel

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
                            There is a company in OK loading 5.7 ammo (still expensive but here ) to the mil spec tho the need for a pistol that shoots through x layers of kevlar is of limited use. The regular ammo is fun and the 30rd mags are nice Jarvis makes a 1/2x28 threaded barrel for it also

In terms of threaded 45's The FNX tactical is nice, I agree the RMR(or other dot sight) is a little over kill and makes the pistol a little to tall for my liking. The HK variants are nice I have a USP tactical that I like tho it is a little on the big side for most people. The CT is nice just not ergonomic for me (didn't feel right)

There are a few options in 1911's sig and remington both have a threaded version in the 1K mark. Between the 2 I'd go sig seems to be a better built pistol in my opinion. Personally I'd buy a scorpion and add a barrel
                            I had a full size USP .45 but it was just too damn big for my hands and was not comfortable at all. I think I'm going to try out the CT, though...

I have a Sig 1911. Don't know if I'll keep it or not, I'm on the fence. I swore I wouldn't sell any more guns, but depends on the day.

Comment

I really want a P220 Super Match. They're about $1200, though. They're not threaded or anything, either. They're just really nice.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X