DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > DFW Sports Central

DFW Sports Central Forum for all Sports related discussion

Old 09-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
JC316
Lifer

Default Dan Bailey cut...

The cowboys just cut their best offensive weapon from the last 7 years..... The guy has been a rock, never misses, one of the best kickers of all time, and they just cut him....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dallas-...230234106.html

JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #2
DeddRekoning
Lifer

He went from 93.8% in 2015 to 84.4% in 2016 to 75% in 2017. He looks to be on a decline. He missed 5 field goals and 2 extra points last year. He hasn't really been the same after a groin injury. I assume this is why they let him go. I'm still not sure I would have done it though.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:49 AM   #3
JC316
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeddRekoning View Post
He went from 93.8% in 2015 to 84.4% in 2016 to 75% in 2017. He looks to be on a decline. He missed 5 field goals and 2 extra points last year. He hasn't really been the same after a groin injury. I assume this is why they let him go. I'm still not sure I would have done it though.
Most of those misses in 2016 were from 50+, he only missed two in the 40-49 range. Last year, he was on fire until the groin issue. I remember the Nick Folk, Shaun Suisham, David Buehler trifecta before Bailey came in and it SUCKED.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:11 AM   #4
DeddRekoning
Lifer

Watch him go to another team and get right back to his old self.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Stephen
Extremely custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
Most of those misses in 2016 were from 50+, he only missed two in the 40-49 range. Last year, he was on fire until the groin issue. I remember the Nick Folk, Shaun Suisham, David Buehler trifecta before Bailey came in and it SUCKED.
And grammatica and vanderslice and all the other ones before... FUCK!!

Maybe we can get a thug that beats on ladies so heís always in the news and makes Jerry $$
Old 09-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #6
bcoop
Lifer

Kickers are a dime a dozen. Bailey hasn't been the same, and they saved something like $3.4 million. If Bailey was still Bailey he'd be worth paying, but he's not. Might as well save the money and address another need.

Sure, it sucks to lose a favorite. But for too long, Jerry has dealt in loyalty and overpaid players for past performance. They quit doing so about four years ago, and this is just another decision under that idea. I'm good with it, I think it's best for the team to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #7
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ģ

The Rook looked really well and was hitting from mid field. Brent is right, kickers are a dime a dozen.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #8
Stephen
Extremely custom title

I guess Iím just stuck back years ago when Dallas had serious kicker issues for a while.. this is now such a new team.. Hell, maybe thatís a good thing.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #9
JC316
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
The Rook looked really well and was hitting from mid field. Brent is right, kickers are a dime a dozen.
The problem is, he's not a rookie, he went undrafted back in 2013 and hasn't kicked a single field goal in a regular season game. That scares me, considering how many games the Cowboys win or lose by 3 points.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #10
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

I believe Brent is going to be singing a different story when this replacement misses the game winnig kick against Carolina.

But we shall see
mstng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #11
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Guy wasnít that reliable anyways. Seen him shank a few as far as Iím concerned gtfo bye!!!
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #12
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

If Dallas would get a hard nosed no bull shit coach in there we can get things going
Old 09-03-2018, 12:43 AM   #13
BradM
Bad Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
Guy wasnít that reliable anyways. Seen him shank a few as far as Iím concerned gtfo bye!!!
2nd best ever, unreliable.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:42 AM   #14
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
Please enlighten us all with more of your sports knowledge, so we can all bet the opposite.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #15
bcoop
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
I believe Brent is going to be singing a different story when this replacement misses the game winnig kick against Carolina.

But we shall see
I don’t think Dallas will be within 3 of Carolina at the end of the game, so non issue.

I get where you’re coming from, but I disagree. Everyone wants to complain that Jerry overpays people for past performance then complain when he breaks the cycle.

Because they broke the cycle, this team is young. Youngest in NFL. And they’ve stacked some talent. Sure, we’ve got some positions left to address. Safety, WR, and need some more LB depth. And this cut might hurt. As have some of the others we have walked away from. Murray, Ware, Dez, etc. I really do think this is best move for the team.
Quote:
Old 09-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #16
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Yeah Jerry couldn't even answer to it this morning....I think its a big mistake. Looks like Jet's are scooping him up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #17
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Gotta trim the fat a lil bit on payroll! 22 mil for a kicker ? Nah screw that
Old 09-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #18
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

Fun fact:not one of the Cowboys’ 36 players who were among the clubs final cuts Saturday wqs claimed on waivers Sunday by another team.

This my be indicative how bad there talent is.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #19
bcoop
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Fun fact:not one of the Cowboys’ 36 players who were among the clubs final cuts Saturday wqs claimed on waivers Sunday by another team.

This my be indicative how bad there talent is.

Your fact, isn't very factual. Darius Jackson signed by Packers. Jihard Ward signed by Colts. I'm sure there are more if you dig. You should quit listening to those clowns on The Fan. They're wrong far more than they are right.

You're also talking about 36 players who never had a real chance to make the team, who were already at the bottom of the barrel in terms of talent. Your indicator of how much (or little) talent this team has, is based on how many scrubs we cut that got poached by other teams? If so, you're paying attention to the wrong things imo.

No, this team isn't perfect. This team has some serious concerns. QB, WR, LB, C, DB, etc. They are young, they are talented, and I think the best overall product we've had on the field in some time. Still not dismissing the concerns, those are valid. But I think this defense is going to surprise a lot of folks. They've done so every year for the past several. Played waaaaaaaaaay up in terms of talent.
Quote:
Old 09-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #20
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

How dare you call me a Fan fan!!! The Ticket is where it be.

The fact was as of Sunday. I am surprised Tapper didnt land somewhere.

Tags
8-8 nope 5-11 if lucky, cfish>nfl team owner, cuntfish>anthonys>ruffie, ruffdaddie all butthurt, svo>garrett>cfish