This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    yeah, moved in in august 17. It was farmland.
    One concern I would have is where they had their concrete washout and how it was set up. If it wasn't properly lined, and was in the area that you are having issues with, you could have some lime and other stuff that leached into the soil and causing you an issue. I've seen this on homes that were build on lots that were previously concrete washouts in some of our subdivisions. We had to go in and excavate several feet of dirt and bring in fresh topsoil to get the yard and landscape to grow.

Step 1 would be to have a soil test done and see what the soil may be deficient in.

What are the ground conditions?

Compacted?
    Irrigated?

If it is compacted, I would entertain having it disced or tilled, something to break it up and give the sod something to grow into, it won't want to spread onto compacted soil. This is, of course, if you have a creeping grass and not a seeding grass.
    If it isn't irrigated, this will lead to the same kind of conditions. I have "filled in" bare spots in my yard by breaking up the ground and making sure that it stayed watered. Even just watering that area by hand did the trick in many instances.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

what's a yard going to do? I have an acre...
      my apologies for not knowing ur lot size ...spread it finely

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        One concern I would have is where they had their concrete washout and how it was set up. If it wasn't properly lined, and was in the area that you are having issues with, you could have some lime and other stuff that leached into the soil and causing you an issue. I've seen this on homes that were build on lots that were previously concrete washouts in some of our subdivisions. We had to go in and excavate several feet of dirt and bring in fresh topsoil to get the yard and landscape to grow.

Step 1 would be to have a soil test done and see what the soil may be deficient in.

What are the ground conditions?

Compacted?
        Irrigated?

If it is compacted, I would entertain having it disced or tilled, something to break it up and give the sod something to grow into, it won't want to spread onto compacted soil. This is, of course, if you have a creeping grass and not a seeding grass.
        If it isn't irrigated, this will lead to the same kind of conditions. I have "filled in" bare spots in my yard by breaking up the ground and making sure that it stayed watered. Even just watering that area by hand did the trick in many instances.
        the builder spread a bit of sand around in some areas, after smoothing it out from the sprinklers.

the ground gets huge cracks all year round.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

the builder spread a bit of sand around in some areas, after smoothing it out from the sprinklers.

the ground gets huge cracks all year round.
          Did they sod the area that it isn't growing in? Or did they sod around the house with the expectation that it would spread?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Did they sod the area that it isn't growing in? Or did they sod around the house with the expectation that it would spread?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            spread sod around the house, whole front yard. I put seed down in some other areas, it's doing about mediocre. My yard looks about like most of the others, I dont think it's just me.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Losing to crabgrass . Grass appears to be growing fine (maybe a bit thin). I've already set reminders for pre-emergent, fertilizer, etc. But right now, there's a lot of it and it seems to be "winning" against the grass. Any options to fight it? Scortched earth weed&grass kill? Just pick it? More fert? Etc? Thanks.
              2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                Losing to crabgrass . Grass appears to be growing fine (maybe a bit thin). I've already set reminders for pre-emergent, fertilizer, etc. But right now, there's a lot of it and it seems to be "winning" against the grass. Any options to fight it? Scortched earth weed&grass kill? Just pick it? More fert? Etc? Thanks.
                I have started spraying in the very center of the crab grass, just a quick burst of roundup. I'll spray it, let it sit for a week, and spray again until it kills that shit. Once it is dead, I dig out what I can get and back fill as necessary. Also, if you aren't bagging your lawn, be sure to cut before any weed seed heads pop up. If they have popped up, cut them off before mowing, otherwise this just adds to the problem by spreading it even more.

Comment

Moving this week. Don't need this at the new place. 3/4 full, any interest at $40
                  Last edited by dcs13; 07-20-2018, 07:39 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

That’s a damn good deal!

I bought one earlier this year and did my yard and gave all my friends a mason jar with 5-6 ounces in it so they would have plenty for the season.. that shit is magical!
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I will have a Husqvarna 54 inch zero turn for sale this week too. Its has 210 hours on it. Well cared for, used only at my houses. PM if interested in that, probably 1600, but I haven't priced shopped yet

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                        Moving this week. Don't need this at the new place.
                        where is this mdma located???

Comment

• Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                          where is this mdma located???
                          Isn’t mdma a key ingredient in ecstasy?

Lol
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I'll take it, if it's still available.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              I'll take it, if it's still available.
                              Sorry guys, I just left it with the new owners.. They bought the mower too, so I'm happy..
                              If you want to buy some, check craigslist, theres a shop in Plano that will sell it no questions asked..

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                                Sorry guys, I just left it with the new owners.. They bought the mower too, so I'm happy..
                                If you want to buy some, check craigslist, theres a shop in Plano that will sell it no questions asked..
                                sweet deal...thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X