Anyone use DirectTV Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use DirectTV Now?

Anyone use the Direct TV now streaming service? How do you like it and have you had any problems with it?

I'm looking into dropping Dish. Although looking at all the different crap we watch and DVR we'll need to have multiple subscriptions to stuff and I'm afraid I won't save as much money as I really want to. The Direct TV now has the channels she really wants TLC, Hallmark channels, local channels, and a couple of others. The only drawback to it is the "small" 20 hr cloud DVR they have. She is not the best at watching stuff quickly LOL.

Also looking into other suggestions for watching and recording TV.
    92 LX 5.0

I have it. I live out in BFE and only have 15mb bandwidth and it works pretty consistently. Can be a bit glitchy but has been improving. It's a lot better than paying $100+ for directv.
    It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

I live out in BFE myself and I'm looking to save money over Dish. Are you using it through a Roku box or something else?
      92 LX 5.0

Comment

I use it through Roku 3 on my TV, Plus I use it alot out in the shop on my Samsung Tablet and IPhone. Works great. Only twice did I have it start buffering for a little bit.

Comment

I thought everybody cut the cord. Their prices are too high for me to be a customer. Since about 2012. I'd think about going back if you could get the highest package for the price of the cheapest. Beyond that I can't see it ever being worth it again.
          WH

Comment

Our internet sucks balls right now, supposedly there is a new company coming to our area and they are hoping to go live in Feb. The thing that keeps us on Dish, besides crappy internet, is the larger DVR and the channels they offer. The streaming services (except for the DirectTV now) don't offer all the channels together she likes watching, so we'd have to add them, then we really aren't saving much money. Our dish bill is just under $100.
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
            X