86 GT LSX Turbo Main Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
    The internet builders are quick to throw out the $3-500 pick & pull 4.8\5.3 LS motor, trans, harness stuff. No one seems to remember that it doesn't fit the chassis, electrical, fuel, cooling, or a\c system at that point. It's a real eye opener when you actually start putting a car together and open a parts catalog or start ordering parts online. $ adds up in a real hurry. Congrats on making some progress and sticking with it.
    Maybe i should give him an invoice for my time and labor..lol
    Hoping it will be ready to start this Sunday evening
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      goin for 5.8ohs?
      I'll be lucky if it spins the tires lol
      2012 GT500

Comment

Some random pics ive got on my phone

This is from a few days ago. Wiring is loomed up and Intake Maf elbow is put together.

Last edited by Cobraman; 07-17-2015, 10:17 AM.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
            Keep updating your thread. I'd like to see what you end up with.
            I'm probably looking at another $3k in turbo stuff.
            Will do. Hopefully tomorrow Ill start getting the 302 that's going in shortly undressed and cleaned. Changing cams, rockers, springs, etc. Id like to have it in by the end of the month, and I think I've got most everything I need to do that.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Everything is done... But no start. Have fuel pressure..but injectors are not firing and no spark... Pretty sure computer is coming on.. Bluetooth odb2 port reader is getting an ecu signal and some sensor readings... Hoping noe at this point, James can save the day.,lol
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Are you getting constant 12v at the injectors?

Where does it come from?

Does it fire a node light?

How do know you aren't getting injectors to fire?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Have not done much testing.. No fuel smell from open headers.. No spark from pulled plug touching block.. Will check voltage later and jeremy is bringing a node light over.
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Latest updates. Couldn't start the car due to VATS being enabled. James should be by tomorrow to fix the tune and it should be ready to run. Waiting for a new shift cable bracket and a trans dust cover this week. Interior is still gutted, but I'll work on that after it is out of Doug's garage. Also still needs the exhaust welded up and a few clean up/image enhancements under the hood.

We are going to swap the blue coupler and air filter out - just temporary. Managed to get a good amount of the harness hidden - still lots to go though - will get more loom and finish the rest.

First Oil fill

C5 Vette shifter

Goal is to see what a stock GenIV + truck intake + boost will do. Stock cam and all.

As of this moment I have $5,882 in the drivetrain swap + $3,000 car

To Do's

-Tune
                    - Exhaust shop
                    - Sound Deadener
                    - interior back together - carpet, seats, etc
                    - Dye interior panels
                    - alignment
                    - buy Florida 5.0 Gauge Piece
                    - Gauges
                    Last edited by Cobraman; 07-19-2015, 11:11 PM.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

• shifter is cool for sure, how does it sit in the driving position? super low? in a vette that would be damn near shoulder level, just trying to picture it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        shifter is cool for sure, how does it sit in the driving position? super low? in a vette that would be damn near shoulder level, just trying to picture it.
                        Probably lower than a stock manual shifter. Here is an example with the console delete setup we are going to do. I'd say the vette shifter is about an inch shorter than the one pictured- judging from relationship to radio.

2012 GT500

Comment

• Keep me in mind on the alinement. Like i said with the same set up and my crude gauge i cant quite get it to where i want. I want to see the specs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            Probably lower than a stock manual shifter. Here is an example with the console delete setup we are going to do. I'd say the vette shifter is about an inch shorter than the one pictured- judging from relationship to radio.

hey, I have one of those.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                              Keep me in mind on the alinement. Like i said with the same set up and my crude gauge i cant quite get it to where i want. I want to see the specs.
                              Yep. I'll see what I can do.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                hey, I have one of those.
                                A console delete bezel?
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X