DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:35 AM   #101
krazy kris
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
Well, I'm expected to spend just over $760/mo in gas. I'm still logging it in Fuel Buddy so we'll see what a full month comes to. As of this month, I'm saving $200/mo in tolls by avoiding them on my work commute.

While I can't take out any credit for another year or so, I'm really torn between getting an all electric vehicle when the time comes or just sucking it up.

So just as I suspected, an all electric vehicle would practically pay for itself given the miles I drive per day. A hybrid would save money too but if I'm going to have a payment, why not lose the fuel bill entirely?
would buying new batteries every 6-10 years at $5k -$6k plus the initial cost be worth saving a little on fuel costs?
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #102
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
would buying new batteries every 6-10 years at $5k -$6k plus the initial cost be worth saving a little on fuel costs?
$2k.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #103
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Its pretty common and well known. They need those trucks, dammit. Its who they are. Its party of their identity, they've always had a truck! Their dad had a truck.
Who is They?

He literally was directing it at the people in this thread. So again...which of us truck owners dont pull trailers, haul equipment...etc?

He fabricatiled a scenario to make himself feel good and that's what I'm calling out. Sure concrete cowboys exist but I doubt that's what the majority of this thread is.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:56 AM   #104
krazy kris
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
$2k.
I just did a Google search and that was the first thing that came up. I then seen a chevrolet volt figuring that would be a cheap starter electric car and clicked on that and holy shit.
Chevrolet Volt Replacement Batteries Could Cost Anywhere From $3,400 To $34,000 To Replace. GM Authority.
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #105
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
I just did a Google search and that was the first thing that came up. I then seen a chevrolet volt figuring that would be a cheap starter electric car and clicked on that and holy shit.
Chevrolet Volt Replacement Batteries Could Cost Anywhere From $3,400 To $34,000 To Replace. GM Authority.
while true, there are reman and more and more new options that arent from the dealership. I have a customer in Austin that makes a good living buying hybrid cars from the auction that have battery codes, and putting in a used or new battery and selling them.

Tags
crawfish #1 oil savant, crawfish#1swingtrada, crawfish>ruff about petro, genuflect to crawfish!, nay suck dik 4 gas $$, nay will swallow for gas, naynay will be walking, ruffdaddy = #1 d-bag, ruffdaddy is soopersmart, svo sells gas