No announcement yet.

My new daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the club, but be warned they can become as addictive as guns. Lol.

Comment

4 Wheel Parts in Coppell might be having a scratch and dent sale early this October. If it does happen there will more than Smittybilt to choose from...

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
        Welcome to the club, but be warned they can become as addictive as guns. Lol.
        Yes I totalled up everything I want to do to the Jeep and it turns out I could buy a couple of FN SCARs and have some money left over. However I think the family is going to enjoy the Jeep more than they enjoy my firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Yes I totalled up everything I want to do to the Jeep and it turns out I could buy a couple of FN SCARs and have some money left over. However I think the family is going to enjoy the Jeep more than they enjoy my firearms.
          Let me save you some money. PM me your list and let me see what I can do for you.

Comment

List of minor stuff done so far: Mopar rubber slush mats, Mopar tire cover (not advertising for dealer anymore), Mopar rubber cargo mat, homemade mount for LED maglite on drivers seat, put my baller Montblanc pen in the pen holder (work gift I'd never buy one), Mopar door sill guards, and Smittybilt SRC side armor / steps on the way. I also put a small tool bag and jumper cables in the back just incase.

Next things up will be road oriented tires and wheels (takeoffs from Sahara or Sport). I will save the mud tires for when I need them. Around the same time I will also install the Mopar interior headliner / sound damper for the hardtop. It will help with temperature and sound control. Next will be some additional driving lights. I'm probably going with low windshield mount as I'm worried about getting too high in the parking garage at work with a light bar. I'm also going to do the front wince and bumper around the same time (all this by Dec / Jan). The rear bumper and other carriers will likely wait until Spring or Summer.

I think this is the bumper I want. http://www.ruggedridge.com/blog/tag/bumper/

I'm also going to have the grill armor coated in black or grey. In a few years I may armor coat the entire jeep, or just do the top and fenders.

If anyone has any opinions or experience with Smittybilt/Quadratec winches or PIAA/KC lights I'm all ears at this point.

We already have a family trip planned for Big Bend next spring. The Nat'l park and big bend ranch have lots of roads where you need a capable vehicle. It's not the Rubicon trail or rock climbing, but it will be great having a Jeep. I will get to see places in Big Bend I have never been too, and I've been there a few times.

Comment

I would just wait and do the armor coating on the whole jeep at the same time.
              If you didn't hate Kenny's and you hadn't called me a hipster I would try and help you out with some jeep parts...

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                If you didn't hate Kenny's and you hadn't called me a hipster I would try and help you out with some jeep parts...
                What's the hookup on jeep parts? Did I miss something? I'm about to start upgrading my '05 and am always looking for a deal. I need to make it Armageddon ready!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  That might be the best reply I've ever gotten. Touche.

Okay honestly I don't "hate" Kenny's. It's good, but like a lot of good places, it's overrated. The thing is Dallas has a lot of good and very good burger places. And honestly at the end of the day I want a burger not some overly concocted creation. I've eaten at Hubert Keller's burger bar too. Was it good? Sure. Was it great? Possibly. Was it worth the over $100 I dropped in there? Honestly, probably not. I feel the same way about Kenny's. I hate the wait. I hate the pretentious servers, and pretentious menus. I'd eat there again, I'm just not ever going to be a huge Kenny's fan. Thanks to my wife and mother-in-law I usually find out about these places and get to try them before it becomes overly awful. Then after a few years once things settle down, I might go back.

And as far as being a hipster. Well if you spend a lot of time at Kenny's in Plano, you might have a plaid vest, skinny jeans, and fake glasses.... I don't know. Based on your Jeep though, probably not. Again, I don't know.

As far as Jeep parts.... maybe but I'm $$$$ deep in two Corvettes right now. I won't have any cash to spare on the Jeep for a year while I get these two cars finished or to the point I want them.

Comment

Anyone considering a 4 door Wrangler as a DD, should definitely go drive one. After having one now for 10 months, I wouldn't have anything else as a DD. I can literally go anywhere I like, have great visibility, all the comfort I need, and don't sweat potholes, weather, bad roads, or worry about anything most drivers are concerned with. I also get cut off a lot less in it that I did in my cars in Big D traffic. The entire family loves it. My wife likes it a lot. My kids prefer riding in it to my wife's SUV by a large margin. My son loves driving it. It's fun to drive a Jeep. Of course he hasn't driven either Corvette and won't get to for a long time.... but that's different.

I can't even complain about the mileage really. It's as good in town as my '13 GT and '12 Audi S4 were and it used cheaper gas. On the highway it does respectably well for a brick.

In '18 or '19 I'm going to have to look into the new 4 door Jeep truck when it comes out. It's the only DD that might be better IMO.

Comment

Forest Springs and Meadowknoll?
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Anyone considering a 4 door Wrangler as a DD, should definitely go drive one. After having one now for 10 months, I wouldn't have anything else as a DD. I can literally go anywhere I like, have great visibility, all the comfort I need, and don't sweat potholes, weather, bad roads, or worry about anything most drivers are concerned with. I also get cut off a lot less in it that I did in my cars in Big D traffic. The entire family loves it. My wife likes it a lot. My kids prefer riding in it to my wife's SUV by a large margin. My son loves driving it. It's fun to drive a Jeep. Of course he hasn't driven either Corvette and won't get to for a long time.... but that's different.

I can't even complain about the mileage really. It's as good in town as my '13 GT and '12 Audi S4 were and it used cheaper gas. On the highway it does respectably well for a brick.

In '18 or '19 I'm going to have to look into the new 4 door Jeep truck when it comes out. It's the only DD that might be better IMO.
                        How many miles have you put on it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Just under 10k. About to go get 2nd oil change done. Will have almost 11k next week after Galveston trip.

Comment

Have you started to mod it yet? Once you start its a complete money pit.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                              Have you started to mod it yet? Once you start its a complete money pit.
                              I've got 5k worth of mods in mind already.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

in mind? lol dont dew it! I'm approaching the initial cost of the damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X