No announcement yet.

Get ready for them $3.00 gas prices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 F150 EcoBoost > 15-16 mpg. Take about two weeks to fill up. Nice at time , go home for lunch watch a movie and go back.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      2018 F150 EcoBoost > 15-16 mpg. Take about two weeks to fill up. Nice at time , go home for lunch watch a movie and go back.
      Making fueling!

Comment

Fortunately our closest QT has a Walmart nearby and they somewhat price war each other.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Fortunately our closest QT has a Walmart nearby and they somewhat price war each other.
          Does it really make a difference going somewhere that may be even .20 cents cheaper? I can understand if filling up with 20 to 30+ gallons, but IMO seems pointless for anything below. I fucking hate walmart and sams club parking lots and would rather pay for the convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I'm not a Trump fan (though I did vote for him) but I'm down with this. Anything that gives Iran a swift kick in the nutsack is a good thing IMO.

But now we wait to see how the international community responds. Those waivers are used by a lot of allies. On the flip side, China uses them too and that could be one more smack at them as well.
            Saudia Arabia said they'd make up the difference....we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Does it really make a difference going somewhere that may be even .20 cents cheaper? I can understand if filling up with 20 to 30+ gallons, but IMO seems pointless for anything below. I fucking hate walmart and sams club parking lots and would rather pay for the convenience.
              I only go to the QT myself, but the fact that Walmart is nearby keeps QT's price in check...win-win.

Comment

Costco opens their pumps at 6am, they don't get stupid busy until after 9 when the store opens. My local one has a Walmart and Sams within a mile so it's almost always the cheapest gas in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                  If you gotta cry about gas prices maybe trade the high dolla wheels in on something more practical. Or maybe learn to hedge
                  Um that makes no sense to me. Just because I choose vehicles that are fun to drive, I'm not allowed to express frustration when the price of gas goes up? If I drive a car that got 30mpg, would it then please the crown if I lamented the price of fuel? Also how the fuck does one hedge on fuel? This shit doesn't last forever, just ask my rivi that sat with the same fuel in it for 15 years...

Comment

Nobody said you can’t be mad but nobody made you buy a 300 + hp v8 either so quit ya bitchin. It’s like buying a 500k house then crying about the electric bill. As for hedging consult your financial advisor for tips

Comment

Yes, it does for me any way, I only go to Racetrac. If you get their app for your phone and get the points for buying gas you can get all sorts of free shit. I have bought so much fuel from them that I get a free drink or coffee every day. With the points you can buy donuts and candy and all sorts of other shit which my kids love. For about three weeks I was getting a free monster energy drink three or four times a week. I don't drink that shit so I just gave them away to people.

Anyway, I think I have got over $300 worth of free shit with their app.

I think Quik trip has better food but their app sucks ass.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I'm too scared to calculate the mpg in the Titan but it sucks so bad you can see the needle fall when driving. why is it that when gas prices go up they make big jumps but when they go down they only go down a penny at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                          I'm too scared to calculate the mpg in the Titan but it sucks so bad you can see the needle fall when driving. why is it that when gas prices go up they make big jumps but when they go down they only go down a penny at a time?
                          Have a Titan too, at least it sings to us while we fill it up.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Have a Titan too, at least it sings to us while we fill it up.
                            You're going to have to explain this for those of us that love America and only buy domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Even if you managed to get a base Model 3 and the tax credit it's still going to be a $400+ payment plus whatever insurance costs. So if your truck gets 15 mpg and gas is $3 per it's not saving you much if any to buy one, assuming the truck is paid off of course.

I'd buy a used Prius, TDI VW with a manual or even a Yaris instead of the Tesla with that kind of a commute.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Lol at already starting the fuzzy math of "it's cheaper to buy this new car I want"!!!!

Its not cheaper, you just want a new car, that's fine. But dont lie to us like were dumb!!!
                              I don't think for a second that it's cheaper to buy another vehicle when gas prices increase. I think of it as a long term "investment" and yes, I use that term loosely in this scenario. I'm filling up about every 3rd day. IF I drove 60 mph I could probably stretch that but that rarely happens. Usually I'm cruising at 75-80 mph. I've already added up my monthly toll charges (avg. $200/mo) and next will be averaging my fuel expense. Unless my fuzzy math is way off, this will be really close to the car payment, insurance, and electricity to recharge. I could be wrong though.

I thought about a used hybrid once before but wondered about battery life since I'm fairly sure they do not have a warranty. A coworker just bought a Hyundai Ioniq and was told the battery is warrantied for life as long has he owns it. That ran him about $22k which is damn near half the cost of the smaller Tesla. But, while much less, it still uses fuel...advertised at 60mpg I think but at what speeds?

In all reality, I probably won't get one. I'll keep the truck (daughter will be driving soon), will probably get a gen 2 CTSV, and keep supporting the oil tycoons. But I am trying to break my habit of using the toll roads.

Comment

State and Federal Taxes, Regulation from Federal, State, local municipalities. We certainly aren’t in short supply on a national or global scale. On a serious note with all things considered from ground to gas tank what it takes, we’re fortunate gas isn’t $50 a gallon.

Comment

Working...
                                X