"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BP View Post
    Check out Turning Point in Bedford. They are tiny but just started distributing and that's pretty much what they specialize in. https://www.facebook.com/tpbeers/
    My buddy brought some back from Dallas and I finally was able to try some Turning Point stuff last weekend. It was awesome.
    2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
      My buddy brought some back from Dallas and I finally was able to try some Turning Point stuff last weekend. It was awesome.
      Plus they have free video games.

Comment

• We went to Martin House last night for a Jeep event and they had Apricot Delight on. It's their version of a NEIPA and it's heavy on the milkshake side. I freaking loved that beer, on par with any of the style I've had. Looking on untapped it's only been checked in 6 times so I'm guessing it's pretty rare.

The new trendy beer to make is a Brut IPA. It's a super clear and dry IPA. I'm guessing some people are using a variety of champagne yeast as well. I've only tried one and was not a huge fan. Kind of exactly the opposite of a NEIPA. Regardless expect to see a few of these in the next couple of months.

Comment

since the Oskar Blues plant in Austin can start making it
          Central Market now has Dale's as a "local pick" and it was $6.99 for a six pack yesterday

Comment

• Went straight to the source this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post

You can never go wrong with La Fin Du Monde either.
              That stuff is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Went straight to the source this weekend
                Sweet! It's a great IPA obviously but I hope you tried some of their barrel aged stuff. They distribute to Colorado now so I can usually get a few bottles for Christmas.

Comment

• This is a good one from McKinney

Comment

• Good lord, ipa’s taste like straight horse piss.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      This is a good one from McKinney

Man screw tupps. They got rid of their only good beer (the black ale) to put another shit IPA on tap. I left after 1 beer today

Comment

• Cowtown Brewing finally opened this weekend on the east side of downtown Fort Worth. We went right at opening on Friday and I was impressed with everything I tried. The tap wall is IPA heavy as all good breweries should be.

Big D BBQ is one of the investors and they have one of their pits outside but no food permit yet. So eventually they'll have a huge patio with decent BBQ to go with the beer.

Anyway I liked the place and will go back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Man screw tupps. They got rid of their only good beer (the black ale) to put another shit IPA on tap. I left after 1 beer today
                          They didn't have any variants of Full Grown Man? I think that and Hombre are the only beers of theirs I've had.

Comment

They didn't have any variants of Full Grown Man? I think that and Hombre are the only beers of theirs I've had.
                            They did but that's double digit ABV and not that great (at least last time I had it).

Edit: They had 3 or 4 IPAs on tap...some fruit beer, another overly hopped citrus something or another and the full grown man. Just when then craze of using too many hops to cover up mistakes starts to die down...they bring it back.

Comment

• This thread kind of died but for a heads up Rahr's 15th anniversary party is tomorrow. I no longer have any kind of affiliation to them but it's still a great brewery and it'll be a heck of a party.

Comment

This thread kind of died but for a heads up Rahr's 15th anniversary party is tomorrow. I no longer have any kind of affiliation to them but it's still a great brewery and it'll be a heck of a party.
                                So you don’t have any free tickets to hand out?

Comment

Working...
                                X