Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
    BUMP

I got an email from MidwayUSA with a discount for my birthday coming up (yeah, I'm old).

We're on 8 acres in the city and I've been toying with the idea of a decent pellet rifle since we moved in. I'm just looking to shoot rabbits, squirrels, etc. and I don't want a piece of junk.

I'm looking at something like this: Umarex Gauntlet PCP Air Rifle

List price on the .22 cal is $334 and my price is $264 with the discount.

Have any of you toyed with anything like this?
    I have a Umarex Force. Even with the built in suppressor, it louder than a comparable suppressed 22 rifle. Because I live in Ft Worth city limits, I haven't shot it enough to speak on accuracy, but they are supposed to be good.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      I have a Umarex Force. Even with the built in suppressor, it louder than a comparable suppressed 22 rifle. Because I live in Ft Worth city limits, I haven't shot it enough to speak on accuracy, but they are supposed to be good.

I’ve considered getting a can for my .22’s but the pellet rifle (I believe) keeps me legal if someone were to say something.

Comment

I have a Stoeger A30 .22 with the suppressor and a Benjamin 392. The A30 is very quiet and can be shot around the house without anyone noticing. With the 392 you might as well be shooting .22lr, its loud. The 392 has a much better trigger and I like to be able to pump it up just a couple of times to reduce the energy. The A30 trigger is shitty and it is powerful enough to will blow through a 3/4 cedar fence so you have to be pretty careful. Both are super accurate with pellets.

Comment

I’ve considered getting a can for my .22’s but the pellet rifle (I believe) keeps me legal if someone were to say something.
          You may want to look into the legality. I checked for McKinney and they actually defined most pellet guns as firearms and specifically prohibit you from having your own range without a permit.

Comment

I've got a Crosman Redtail .22 Nitro Piston Break Barrel model# CRT22SX

I love this thing. Never had one before but needed something to keep squirrels off the lawn. I was pleasantly surprised on how accurate it is. I've got so many one shot kills I feel like Chris Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              You may want to look into the legality. I checked for McKinney and they actually defined most pellet guns as firearms and specifically prohibit you from having your own range without a permit.
              This. Ft Worth doesn't allow either, but they don't necessarily enforce the air rifle. I'm sure they would if there was a problem.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                The city of Rowlett ordinance quite literally bans everything down to airsoft and Nerf guns. The way the ordinance is written, shooting a spitball through a straw is likely illegal.

Comment

Check Wolfairguns.com for your pellet rifle suppressor needs. They come out of the UK, shipping time wasn't too bad when I ordered one for my Evanix Sniper 3 years ago. While that rifle is still loud with it installed, it's night and day difference to shooting it without it or with the factory Evanix suppressor. Mine is a PCP and I shoot a 103 grain 9mm/ .38 cal pellet.

Comment

Working...
                  X