Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing the truck gun

2018 F-150 with center console

What is everyone using for easy, secure access, in the console?

My job has me working in Richardson right now, officing out of my truck. Stopped by a gas station for a drink and to use the bathroom. While on a phone call parked in front of the store, some fool on a bicycle rolled up and asks for $$. I motion that I'm not helping. He sits there and stares at me while I'm on the phone. At one point he decides it is wise to try my passenger side door handle. I couldn't quickly access the gun in the console, which got me thinking about a better solution for consistent, easy access.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Damn, is that a thumb dial combo lock?!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Damn, is that a thumb dial combo lock?!

Ya it's a 4 digit code. for storing stuff safely not concealment for quick access.

Comment

I got a Lockerdown Exxtreme console safe with the electronic lock. That thing is badass. It's also made in Texas. Highly recommend it. If shit gets squirrely it's very easy to put the combo in and the spring loaded door opens up. Then you can access your firearm.

Comment

Don’t put a sticker on your window with your gun brand! Your gun will be 90% safer!
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Or just don't leave the damn thing un locked. Probably 95 percent or more of the guns that come up missing from cars are from unlocked cars over night.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I'm guessing keeping the gun on you is not an option? I have a rifle locker that goes underneath the back seat. They make a similar locker that goes into the center console. Easy enough to have the code already entered when you are in the vehicle and unlocked to make access faster. And jumble the code when you leave the vehicle.

But for me, gun is always on my person. Keep the doors always locked and aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                I'm guessing keeping the gun on you is not an option? I have a rifle locker that goes underneath the back seat. They make a similar locker that goes into the center console. Easy enough to have the code already entered when you are in the vehicle and unlocked to make access faster. And jumble the code when you leave the vehicle.

But for me, gun is always on my person. Keep the doors always locked and aware of your surroundings.
                Not really an approved piece of clothing at work. We are pants and shirts tucked in.

The security is more a concern with the kid than it is the truck being broken into. While working in the hood, I am in or at the truck 99% of the time.

Comment

Do a magnetic holster for when you are in the truck and easy access is wanted then have a lockable way to store it when you have to be out and away from the truck and want it secure. He'd have been staring down my muzzle the moment he put his hands on my door handle.
                  Last edited by shumpertdavid; 08-31-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Don’t put a sticker on your window with your gun brand! Your gun will be 90% safer!
                    Gospel truth.

I know two dudes, who had Glock and Sig Sauer stickers on their back glass, and one had different hunting brands there as well, and he had a coyote call hanging from his rear view mirror. Both had their trucks broken into, and had guns stolen out of them.

Both, when telling me about it, asked "why me?"

I pointed out the spectacular advertising job they did. Neither do that anymore.
                    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      Do a magnetic holster for when you are in the truck and easy access is wanted then have a lockable way to store it when you have to be out and away from the truck and want it secure. He'd have been staring down my muzzle the ment he put his hands on my door handle.
                      As I was telling him to get the fuck out of there, I was reaching into the console for the gun. It was under some shit, which spurred this thread! :/

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                        Do a magnetic holster for when you are in the truck and easy access is wanted then have a lockable way to store it when you have to be out and away from the truck and want it secure. He'd have been staring down my muzzle the ment he put his hands on my door handle.
                        That's going to make a nice missile when you're in an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                          When I worked at the track I had tell almost every ricer to take their LP of the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            I carry a pistol in my pocket and 1 on my hip. I've not used a magnetic mount setup but I've seen the ads on facebook and other places where they had them affixed to the lower dash area. I can definitely see where they could become a flying object in an impact and the dangers associated with it.

You could also install a kydex type holster in an easy to reach area for when you're in the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                            X