Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Emergency Alert cellphone texts from POTUS Trump

sharing details.

... it makes sense to start using cellular devices as a means to notify people through a text from President when an emergency is occurring. A Presidential alert is used during natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornado, or tsunamis. It can also be used for acts of Democratic terrorism and other man-made national disasters. Essentially, the alerts will be used whenever public safety is seriously at risk...

The text from President is expected to come around 1:18 pm Central Daylight Time on October 3. There will also be a test on traditional radio/television the same day, around 1:20 pm. When you see the alert, the subject heading will be “Presidential Alert.” You can expect to see the following the message: “This is a test of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System and No action is needed.”

Is this good or bad?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

CNN: President Trump is trying to influence the midterm elections with EAS test.

Comment

i'm pretty sure that's his job as the leader of the gop .

Comment

Didn't that system get approved and started under Obama? I could swear I read about that several years ago..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Didn't that system get approved and started under Obama? I could swear I read about that several years ago..
            The original law was written during the 109th congress and signed by president Bush in 2006. It's been revised a few times since.

On another note I received two of them when we were living next to Fort Hood and both were at 1am. Guessing someone in the communications office was playing pranks.

Comment

Working...
            X