Situational Awareness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    Dang man, it's a good thing you have all of these perfect drivers here to tell you everything you did wrong.
    I know, right. Buncha glass house mf'ers in here.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Dang man, it's a good thing you have all of these perfect drivers here to tell you everything you did wrong.
      More than once when I've fucked up when driving I've owned up to it whenever possible. Defensive driving classes I have taken for tickets always say not to make eye contact with a "road rage" person. It's horse shit. If you are inclined to take responsibility for a mistake then you should own up to it. That is mostly what drivers are looking for when a mistake is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Says the guy who's wife can't drive without getting into an accident!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Says the guy who's wife can't drive without getting into an accident!
          [ ] funny
          [x] not funny
          G'Day Mate

Comment

[ ] funny
            [x] not funny
            It's funny to me, and I'm the only one that matters. I do wish you and her well and hope she doesn't suffer any real repercussions.

Comment

And I have zero room to talk. I tried to avoid getting hit in a parking lot last Saturday and backed my truck into the truck behind me. My truck hasn't even had it's first oil change yet.

Comment

I hate back seat drivers.

Comment

We didnt start a thread preaching about situational awareness that really should have been titled "why you shouldnt drive like an asshole and how it compromised my families safety".

None of us are perfect but none of us have started a thread like this either. Most of us would know that the main lesson was to drive safely and not shoot across lanes without looking. And if we did...we wouldn't start a thread preaching about the consequences of our actions.

Comment

Ruffdaddy has a habit of doing that.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Ruffdaddy has a habit of doing that.
                      Bet you wont ban him.
                      dont ban me either, it's just a joke bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Bet you wont ban him.
                        dont ban me either, it's just a joke bro.
                        I don’t have time for him, dude.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          We didnt start a thread preaching about situational awareness that really should have been titled "why you shouldnt drive like an asshole and how it compromised my families safety".

None of us are perfect but none of us have started a thread like this either. Most of us would know that the main lesson was to drive safely and not shoot across lanes without looking. And if we did...we wouldn't start a thread preaching about the consequences of our actions.
                          Dude, your right. Obviously the correct course of action would have been to immediately make my way to the shoulder, flag him down, ask him to get out of his truck so that I could apologize profusely for my actions and ask how I could ever make things right in the universe.

Obviously, sharing the story, admitting that I made a mistake, and encouraging people to stay aware of what is going on around them because you never know what people are going to do, was absolutely ludicrous!

Had I not being paying very close attention to my surroundings, I would have never known the guy was following me. He kept several car lengths distance, trying to not be noticed.

Sure, had I waited a 1/2 second more to merge into that lane, I would have saw him and it would be a non issue. Or, if I hadn't done that, someone else would have cut him off, not realized that he was following them, hoping to make them aware of their crime against humanity, and the story would have had a far worse outcome for that person than it did me.

So, lesson learned. I will stick to my model car thread, I am WAY too far from perfect to contribute to the main forum!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I know right, I even beat them to the punch, openly admitting that I was initially in the wrong and fucked up. The place is starting to stink a little bit from the dead horse that keeps getting beat!

I had a momentary lapse of reason and forgot what forum this is apparently! Though, the point of the story seems to have been missed by a few.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            More than once when I've fucked up when driving I've owned up to it whenever possible. Defensive driving classes I have taken for tickets always say not to make eye contact with a "road rage" person. It's horse shit. If you are inclined to take responsibility for a mistake then you should own up to it. That is mostly what drivers are looking for when a mistake is made.
                            That is pretty much the mentality that I have. In this day and age (case and point right here) you never know what kind of person is in that other vehicle. They may take your attempted high sign for an apology the wrong way, or it may just encourage some/more unwanted interaction. I made my apology by making sure that, after I made the error of course, I was not an obstacle to him or anyone behind him.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            And I have zero room to talk. I tried to avoid getting hit in a parking lot last Saturday and backed my truck into the truck behind me. My truck hasn't even had it's first oil change yet.
                            Dude, you will never hear the end of this! I really hope that you found the owner, apologized, paid cash on the spot for repairs, mental anguish, and time off work. Mistakes are in now way tolerated here! ROFLMAO

Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

send him some cakeballs!1

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                                I know right, I even beat them to the punch, openly admitting that I was initially in the wrong and fucked up. The place is starting to stink a little bit from the dead horse that keeps getting beat!

Oh! And my favorite part! The dude was named Joe Bob.

I had a momentary lapse of reason and forgot what forum this is apparently! Though, the point of the story seems to have been missed by a few.

That is pretty much the mentality that I have. In this day and age (case and point right here) you never know what kind of person is in that other vehicle. They may take your attempted high sign for an apology the wrong way, or it may just encourage some/more unwanted interaction. I made my apology by making sure that, after I made the error of course, I was not an obstacle to him or anyone behind him.

Dude, you will never hear the end of this! I really hope that you found the owner, apologized, paid cash on the spot for repairs, mental anguish, and time off work. Mistakes are in now way tolerated here! ROFLMAO

He was following me and saw what happened. We exchanged insurance and I have already told them to accept fault. In real life I am the nicest person you will ever meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X