1978 Vette - Resurrected Paint w/ 22PLE HPC Glass Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 Vette - Resurrected Paint w/ 22PLE HPC Glass Coating

I'm not going to lie, when Anthony drove the car into the shop I got a bit worried. I wasn't sure how far I would be able to get the paint or if I would even be happy with the result. But, I knew I could make it better. How much was the real question.

I regrettably did not get before FULL car pictures but got a good amount of close up before. You can really see how the car really was. Really neglected and as Anthony mentioned, the paint quality was not AMAZING. But it was 38 year old original paint so I had to be careful.

Ended up doing a multi stage correction to level the paint as much as I could safely and a final step to increase the clarity before coating w/ 22PLE HPC.

AFTER!

www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

That's impressive!

Comment

Thanks! It was certainly a project. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
        That's impressive!
        It's beyond impressive. I knew from other posts and cars the results would be worth it. But the results exceeded my wildest dreams.

Comment

Looks much better. Does the new finish last very long? Or does basic cleaning and waxing last awhile?

Comment

CF says the coating typically lasts 2 to 3 yrs. but given this car is garaged and driven so infrequently I'm hoping to take it to him every 5 yrs or so.

Comment

Bad ass. I'd give it a great Zagat review!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                Bad ass. I'd give it a great Zagat review!
                It doesn't cook gourmet or even fast food. It's a nice ride though.

Comment

The coating is essentially a really strong long lasting wax to dumb it down. It should last 3 years w/ proper maintenance (washing with proper soap, etc.) I do still recommend using a wash and wax car soap cause every little bit helps, and if he wants to wax it I recommended carnauba wax. It doesn't last long but it will make the silver pop even more.

Comment

That thing really came alive. I got new fenders on the jeep. Had them color matched. I may need you to address them and add the coating to those.

Comment

Let me know man. I was wondering how the jeep was holding up!

Comment

Working...
                      X