No announcement yet.

Beard talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trim mine every 3-4 months. Its "unkempt" btw.
    Last edited by HarrisonTX; 05-03-2018, 06:03 PM.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I used to just rock a goatee, but I’ve let the whole beard grow a few times since I moved to the mountains. It’s fitting for the mountain man thing, but also because I work from home, and rarely venture into civilization, so shaving is pointless. I do hate when my moustache gets long enough to interfere with eating or drinking, or when the hairs start to curl into my nostrils, driving me insane. I normally let the beard part grow to almost 2 inches before I trim it back. It just looks too much like pubes past that length.

When I shave my head (about once a month), I’ll trim up my beard around the neck and cheeks, just to give it cleaner lines.

When I do need to cut the beard back, I typically knock it down with a #4 guard on my clippers, which is pretty short. I’d rather just keep it knocked back consistently to an inch or so, and let it get super thick at that length, but I don’t really know the right way to do that. Do you guys use scissors to trim it back? Every time I try that, I end up cutting a little more here, a little more there, in an effort to keep it even, and I end up just saying fuck it and mow it down with the clippers. I shave the sides and go back to just a goatee about every 3rd time (so maybe every 3 months or so).

I haven’t been to a barber or had any kind of real haircut since I was a kid.

Comment

I wear a full beard November through February and trim down to a goatee the rest of the year. I keep them trimmed but grew a 2 year goatee when I had the bar, it was nipple length.

Edit
        <==== see profile pick for winter beard.

Comment

I've had a full beard since January 2014 I keep it 5-6" long and kept and get it trimmed/edged up every few months, I do not look good without facial hair.

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
          If were talkin obl beards, I fucking hate beards and feel they're as unpatriotic as it gets. My theory is they became mainstream due to our war on terror plastering jihad pubic faces all over tv along with those stupid neck scarves

BTW...all you beard connoisseurs...yo daddy's anniversary was yesterday. I hope you cried
          Damn dog, you sure are butthurt about somebody else's facial hair. Are you feelin' alright man? Whatever is bothering you, I'm sure it'll pass, just give it time.

Comment

Eh, its hair growth. I shave mine cause its not long before it starts getting on my damn nerves. More of a pain than its worth.
            WH

Comment

Is $50 too much for a haircut and beard trim? Evening out the beard and straight edge all around?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Is $50 too much for a haircut and beard trim? Evening out the beard and straight edge all around?
                That is what my sister charges. She specializes in mens hair cuts and beards.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

its about 40 bucks at Floyd's with no straight razor shave. Most of them do decent work, but it's not really a "barber shop"

Find an old school barber shop for a haircut, beard trim, and hot shave, worth it for sure.

Comment

face pubes, i'll pass.

Comment

Unfortunately most of my beard is gray and makes me look much older than I really am. I would still prefer to have one, but my wife can't stand it. Shaving sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        Unfortunately most of my beard is gray and makes me look much older than I really am. I would still prefer to have one, but my wife can't stand it. Shaving sucks.
                        My wife would lock my ass out of the house if I shaved it.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Same. I've had it for so long I can't imagine life without it

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            My wife would lock me out of her pants if I grew it.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                              My wife would lock me out of her pants if I grew it.
                              Glad I don't have that problem. Fuck shaving.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I keep it short, but have only shaved completely once since I was 20. I guess I’ve had mine for nearly 30 years.
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X