Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering used Ford Edge 2016 or newer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
    That's pretty cool... but likely beyond my talent level.... but I'll keep it in mind.

mardyn

Comment

Going to start looking seriously this weekend. She wants a color (blue, orange, red) and not black, white, or silver. That makes option much tougher to find. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Plain and simple, the Edge is a damn good crossover. The 2019 brings some significant updates in the interior, exterior, and power trains. So maybe you'll see some steep rebates on the 2018s towards the end of the year. Just something to consider.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Sync 3 is awesome. I was super impressed.
        Absolutely, Sync 3 ditched Microsoft and is a totally new code when compared to Sync 2. It's now based on Blackberry's QNX OS. Also, version 3 of Sync 3 (that's some weird versioning) is going to support Waze navigation no matter whether you're using Android or iOS. I'm not sure if v3 of Sync 3 is supported on older cars like the 2016 Edge.

IMO the only infotainment system out there that compares to Sync 3 is FCA's Uconnect 3 OS. It's pretty damn good and I haven't seen a system that runs CarPlay faster. Very impressive IMO.

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        IMO you can't beat the value, and dependability of Subaru.

We drove a shit load of suvs, the outback and the toyota highlander were our favorites
        I kinda like my wife's Outback and I agree it's a really good value. It's also very comfortable for long drives. However it's as boring as a brick to me. The CVT does it's best to insure you never get a single moment of joy from driving. That stupid CVT is so bad that it tries to pose as a 6 speed auto, which just makes it worse.

Comment

Do a Google search for the water pump failing in the Ford 3.5/3.7 V6.
          I lost the engine in my 2011 Edge at 131,000 miles due to the internal water pump failing and taking the engine with it. I was also 60 miles outside of New Orleans when it happened.
          It happened to someone here in their Flex. It has been known to happen as early as 50K miles.
          Pretty much all Ford V6 engines with the bullshit internal water pump that gives you zero warning until it takes the engine are subject to doing this. Buy at your own risk.

Comment

I’ve heard of 5.0 water pumps also prematurely failing

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
              I’ve heard of 5.0 water pumps also prematurely failing
              Are they internal also? And take the engine with them when they fail?

Comment

We have 2016 Edge with 2.0 EB- head replaced at 30k, long block at 40k

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                  We have 2016 Edge with 2.0 EB- head replaced at 30k, long block at 40k
                  Daaaaaamn

Comment

Working...
                  X