No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing plugs and see what a difference it will make after all the no start attempts.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Screw it.. LS swap time!

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        I stopped last night on a positive. The laptop and ecu were communicating and all the sensors seemed to be returning the right signal to the ecu.

Today we are gonna bust it off.

The garage heater is warming the place up. The battery charged and sat on the maintainer all night. The GoPro is charged. I have had my coffee. And David (cobrajet69) is on his way over.
        You know shit's about to get handled!
        Thug Lyfe..

David

Comment

• Holley's coil sub harness is wired wrong on the 5-8 bank. Makes sense why those cylinders were firing the injectors and coils but not at the right time. Evident by the low primary exhaust temps. Also explains the totally fucked up idle and air fuel ratio.

The mistake is documented but I never saw it until it got pointed out to me in a thread I started on Holley's forum last night.

Hopefully I can get a better video up today.

Comment

Holley's coil sub harness is wired wrong on the 5-8 bank. Makes sense why those cylinders were firing the injectors and coils but not at the right time. Evident by the low primary exhaust temps. Also explains the totally fucked up idle and air fuel ratio.

The mistake is documented but I never saw it until it got pointed out to me in a thread I started on Holley's forum last night.

Ghetto cam FTW!

David

Comment

Holley's coil sub harness is wired wrong on the 5-8 bank. Makes sense why those cylinders were firing the injectors and coils but not at the right time. Evident by the low primary exhaust temps. Also explains the totally fucked up idle and air fuel ratio.

I had a jeep come in a couple months ago with the holley avenger tbi efi system that just diddent seem right. Had a real bad lean pop on tip in but it was blowing black smoke out the exhaust. Long story short the front 2 primary injectors on the tbi were wired as being the secondary injectors and secondary as primary. So when you crack the throttle the injectors above the front blades opening would not spray fuel but the 2 above the rear blades that would initially stay closed were getting fuel. Holley had wired them backwards. Was a huge pita to figure out!!

Good to see you getting it fired up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                I had a jeep come in a couple months ago with the holley avenger tbi efi system that just diddent seem right. Had a real bad lean pop on tip in but it was blowing black smoke out the exhaust. Long story short the front 2 primary injectors on the tbi were wired as being the secondary injectors and secondary as primary. So when you crack the throttle the injectors above the front blades opening would not spray fuel but the 2 above the rear blades that would initially stay closed were getting fuel. Holley had wired them backwards. Was a huge pita to figure out!!

Good to see you getting it fired up!!
                Thanks. I am slowly chipping away at the little problems. This one has had me chasing wires through a completely sealed and tucked away harness. Luckily I have been able to use continuity tests to verify my notes and schematics I have written out.

It is a complete fucking when you realize you have done everything right and were screwed from the beginning. Doesn't make me like the system any less just disappointed a little.

I thing I can get it on the ground this evening for a trip around the block. Maybe I can get it to start the 'learn' mode.

Comment

Thanks. I am slowly chipping away at the little problems. This one has had me chasing wires through a completely sealed and tucked away harness. Luckily I have been able to use continuity tests to verify my notes and schematics I have written out.

It is a complete fucking when you realize you have done everything right and were screwed from the beginning. Doesn't make me like the system any less just disappointed a little.

I thing I can get it on the ground this evening for a trip around the block. Maybe I can get it to start the 'learn' mode.
                  I feel your pain.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by baron von crowder View Post
                    i feel your pain.
                    iac?

Comment

iac?
                      Turned out to be a bent linkage, holding the front and rear throttle blades cracked open just a hair, so it wouldnt idle.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Fresh plugs, again. Swapped the 5-8 coil signal wires to the right pins at the ecu. Plugged everything else back in that I unhooked to diagnose the problem. Just waiting for the kid to wake up so I can go start it.

Comment

• Go fire it up, that will wake him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            Go fire it up, that will wake him up.
                            You dont like Keith?

Comment

• She woke in a great mood from a 3 hour nap. We gonna go make some noise.

Comment

• Fires right up. Everything comes up to temps and I have good pressure all around. As soon as I can get the gopro downloaded and host to YouTube, I will post the video . Timing and fuel are obviously needing to be addressed but she starts, idles and takes the throttle like a champ.

Comment

Working...
                                X