Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington files for bankruptcy

U.S. gunmaker Remington files for bankruptcy

During that time, the company's investment bank, Lazard Ltd , approached more than 30 possible lenders, according to court documents. "The vast majority of lenders contacted, however, indicated they were reluctant to provide financing to firearms manufacturers," said Lazard banker Ari Lefkovits in the papers. Most of the banks providing the bankruptcy funding were lenders to Remington before its current financial problems, according to court records.

Shared from my Google feed
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Maybe they can pull a Sears and still remain in existence despite dying 4 times.
    WH

Comment

This is a classic lesson in quality, not quantity. I bet they would like to rethink those $300 Wal-Mart specials.

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
        This is a classic lesson in quality, not quantity. I bet they would like to rethink those $300 Wal-Mart specials.
        A couple articles I read said that they took on more debt expecting higher sales due to their belief that Hillary would win the election and prices and volume would increase. Trump won and sales volume and prices went down and they could not service the debt.

Comment

Seems like this would be a hard industry to stay big in. Sales fluctuate so hard with elections and other ‘events’ that occur. On top of that I think there’s a bunch of ppl like me who buy one colt 45, one Ruger 10-22, one Remington Pump action shotgun, etc - and that’s all I need for the rest of my life. I wouldn’t buy the same gun twice.

Comment

Working...
          X