No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well 7 days later and i weighed in at 227 this morning (before I took a dump lol) so it looks like this workout thing might be working. thats 16 lbs in the last 5 1/2 weeks.
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
      well 7 days later and i weighed in at 227 this morning (before I took a dump lol) so it looks like this workout thing might be working. thats 16 lbs in the last 5 1/2 weeks.
      Good deal, it's simple math, calories in < calories out.

Comment

• !@#$#. Well, I went back to the doctor again today and he basically said suck it up and quit being a P@##Y. Ok not really but apparently I am just going to have a nagging pain right where my gun belt hangs on some scar tissue on my right side. I had a sonogram a few months ago and then blew off(Didn't follow up) the little pain until my left side like to took me out last week (completely unrelated to the original). That must have been a pulled muscle because it went away in a week but I figured I would go visit and check on my other side. The sonogram showed nothing and he did his tests again today and no new hernia. He did say if it got to be debilitating to come back and he could give me a shot in that area to deaden the nerves. The other option was loosing the area up and risking another hernia. F That! Time to get back on the wagon and see what damage I can do I guess. Plus the wife was out for the summer, it was just good down time.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Hit 154.5 this morning, was 155.1 yesterday morning. I'm back to using 70lb dumbbells for negatives on flat bench and lat-pulling 160lbs for sets to fail. I have only moved the scale a pound in 2 and 1/2 weeks, but I'm lifting more and more and starting to show a lot more definition. I'm hoping I can keep shedding fat and still gain muscle, the constant 3-4 mile walks are really helping as a slow, less impact calorie burn.
          Last edited by DON SVO; 07-31-2014, 10:47 AM.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            I'm hoping I can keep shedding fat and still gain muscle, the constant 3-4 mile walks are really helping as a slow, less impact calorie burn.
            Elliot Hulse swears by walking for fat-loss, instead of higher intensity forms of cardio, and his and your progress definitely support that, and he's been doing it a lot longer. I've started walking in the morning as well, and may not get as sweaty as I do on the elliptical, but I'm able to walk for an hour + no problem.

It seems counter-intuitive at first to not do "cardio" to lose weight, but the basic caloric math of a slow burn makes complete sense for someone who isn't in a hurry, and can trust the longer-term process. I'll be in Can Cun in a little over a week, and for a change I'm not on some big push to make monumental changes by then, nor will I have the desire to pig out when I get there.

Comment

• First gym selfie ever. Still at 240, but feeling much sexier. Also belt is flirting with going into the next hole down...

This is painfully slow trying to maintain strength and lose fat. Several times I have thought about reducing calories and going strict cardio...

Comment

• ^ Goes to sporting goods, asks for cut off mom jorts.

Comment

• They aren't denim. I've had them for probably 10 years. They are my do shit around the house shorts.

Comment

• After a month off, I need to get back in to the gym and hit it even harder. I didn't gain much in overall weight in the past 28 days but I am sure I got weaker meaning lost muscle for fat.

I have 72 days till we take a cruise so I got a lot of work to do.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• And I'm sure you probably know this already, but it's real easy to go on a cruise and not weigh the same as when you first boarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        And I'm sure you probably know this already, but it's real easy to go on a cruise and not weigh the same as when you first boarded.
                        I fight that with every R&R and no different when we have cruised in the past. I call it cheat week. hahaha I did book this suite directly under the spa and which is opposite the ship from the gym.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• i've fluctuated from a low of 224 up to 233, and right now am around 229. I've been working out alot and i'm starting to see gains in muscle mass. so i'm happy. Still not losing a ton of fat really fast but its slow and steady.
                          http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Elliot Hulse swears by walking for fat-loss, instead of higher intensity forms of cardio, and his and your progress definitely support that, and he's been doing it a lot longer. I've started walking in the morning as well, and may not get as sweaty as I do on the elliptical, but I'm able to walk for an hour + no problem.

It seems counter-intuitive at first to not do "cardio" to lose weight, but the basic caloric math of a slow burn makes complete sense for someone who isn't in a hurry, and can trust the longer-term process. I'll be in Can Cun in a little over a week, and for a change I'm not on some big push to make monumental changes by then, nor will I have the desire to pig out when I get there.
                            It makes sense, I get really hungry after I run but not so bad if i walk. I think it probably has to do with the speed of depletion of blood sugar.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              It makes sense, I get really hungry after I run but not so bad if i walk. I think it probably has to do with the speed of depletion of blood sugar.
                              Or perhaps the expenditure of calories/glucose.

HIIT has done wonders for me personally and I do pretty minimal cardio(3x's a week HIIT on stairmill).

Comment

• Quick update: weight has been pretty steady (155-157), all my lifts are going up. Did 4 work sets of 10 reps on lat pull downs @ 180lbs yesterday, which I haven't done in quite some time. There's something funny about having to wrist strap in and rock the bar down to the seat because it all outweighs you by 30lbs.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X