Ruger American Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger American Pistol

Who's seen one or shot it? I'm intrigued ... (search function isn't working on my phone and I looked all the way back to November. So if this came up already, sorry)

I was really excited about these until I had the opportunity to handle one. It's hard to describe why exactly, but the grip just doesn't feel right to me at all. It sucks because it's absolutely outstanding otherwise.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Looks like it comes in 45 and 9mm so far. Maybe built on the SR-9 frame? Not too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        I was really excited about these until I had the opportunity to handle one. It's hard to describe why exactly, but the grip just doesn't feel right to me at all. It sucks because it's absolutely outstanding otherwise.
        Did u try the other palm swells it comes with?

Randy, ya, she only comes in 9 and 45. 17rnds and 10rnds. The 45 has a longer barrel as well apparently.

Comment

A little longer.

Comment

I'm tempted to get another Glock only because I'm familiar with em and their mags are cheap and available. But this Ruger piqued my interest. A CZ p09 but mags are stupid expensive. Same with FNS/X.

Comment

I love my SR 9. Great gun for the money. I didn't want to like it but it shoots perfectly for me, so I picked one up.

That first one pictured is a bit different. I'll have to check these out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                Did u try the other palm swells it comes with?

Randy, ya, she only comes in 9 and 45. 17rnds and 10rnds. The 45 has a longer barrel as well apparently.
                It's not the palm swells that bothered me. The shape of the grip, the angle of it, and the overall ergonomics just all felt off to me. I'm a huge fan of Ruger, but I just personally didn't find this to be comfortable.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                X