Philly cheesesteaks. Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadGN1 View Post
    Burger and Philly Shack on 377 in Watauga.
    I'm surprised anyone else knows the place. Yes sir, this one is good. I preferred Billadelphia's but this place is close. Texadelphia is just okay.

It's a bummer about Billadelphia's. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Watauga and worked in Irving. Both places were close and convenient.

A few years ago I went to the lakes in the middle of Las Colinas and I saw Bill by himself feeding the ducks. Had a quick conversation with him and he got really deep and emotional about his ex-wife, life, business, and where he planned to travel to. It was all very weird. I hope he's okay.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Bill sold it to his longtime cook, and they had to shut it down.
      That is terrible news, it was my go to place for Phillys when I live there. I even still went after he moved to the snowcone stand looking deal up in NRH or wherever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        I'm surprised anyone else knows the place. Yes sir, this one is good. I preferred Billadelphia's but this place is close. Texadelphia is just okay.

It's a bummer about Billadelphia's. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Watauga and worked in Irving. Both places were close and convenient.

A few years ago I went to the lakes in the middle of Las Colinas and I saw Bill by himself feeding the ducks. Had a quick conversation with him and he got really deep and emotional about his ex-wife, life, business, and where he planned to travel to. It was all very weird. I hope he's okay.
        Is there a snow cone stand in front of it?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          straight from philly in waxahachie is the truth. my favorite is the texan...has bacon and japs
          I'll have to check it out the next time I go through there.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Bill sold it to his longtime cook, and they had to shut it down.

Didn't they have to close due to all the construction going on around there? I used to hit them up on the way to work for lunch and I would sometimes bring in orders for others. Pretty good cheese steaks.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Man that's pretty sad and I hated to hear that they closed down. I hadn't been to Texadelphia's in years. When my office used to be in the Cityplace building they used to cater for my department pretty often, it was my first exposure to them. Might have to go check them out again.

Comment

The one on 183 closed because of the construction on 183. The guy who owned the building sold it to the State by way of eminent domain. They found another spot on Davis in NRH and opened up there. They were probably there 2-3 years before Martin closed up shop.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BadGN1 View Post
                Burger and Philly Shack on 377 in Watauga.
                Had this today. That's a lot of food for $11 flat w/ drink.

Shit was good.

Comment

Working...
                X