Decatur swap meet is on this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decatur swap meet is on this weekend

Anyone go today? Anyone going tomorrow. I have a pretty big list of stuff I am looking for. My oldest has a big list too, mainly hot wheels and anything that catches his eye. I have been working on my 51 Ford. Hopefully have it back on the road by summer. I hope to be out of here by 730 am.

CN

I'll be out the in the morning looking for a few things on my list.

Comment

Decided to skip again this year. Going to Lake Mackenzie to ride dirt bikes instead. It will probably be a while before I decide I need another project car. Going to the swap meet would be like an alcoholic going to a bar......

Feel free to post pics of any Mopar stuff you find though....so I can regret not going!

Comment

People still go to swap meets?
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          People still go to swap meets?
          I know, you have everything. And yes I always go to this one.

CN

Comment

And swap meets are for people that can build their own vehicles.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
              I know, you have everything. And yes I always go to this one.

CN
              For what I don't have I just look on Ebay for. The last time I hit a swap meet there was not a damn thing that I was interested in buying and I can bet that things have not improved in the past 18 years.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Decatur is great, best meet of the year. I usually go fridays, but missed this year. Sundays suck though.

Comment

Went today and it was great! Lots of good stuff, low prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                    Went today and it was great! Lots of good stuff, low prices.
                    So any Mopar cars/parts?

Comment

A couple of Chargers ( 440's) and several 413 powered big cars. The best I think was the Hemi powered 59 Imperial for $2800.00 pretty rust free but the front and rear glass was busted out.

A 340 duster,4 speed, but it has rust issues on the roof under the vinyl top. $1800.00.

There was a Mopar manifold man with bunches of goodies. Had a ram air crossover manifold but I forget what he was asking for it. My buddy who is a tight ass Scotsman said it was a good deal. There was a roadrunner (1970?) 318 but it had an auto trans and a quarter panel that had rust / bad bondo thing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        For what I don't have I just look on Ebay for. The last time I hit a swap meet there was not a damn thing that I was interested in buying and I can bet that things have not improved in the past 18 years.
                        I kind of agree with this. I rarely ever find a thing I need or want at a swap meet, though I still like to go and wander around.
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                          I kind of agree with this. I rarely ever find a thing I need or want at a swap meet, though I still like to go and wander around.
                          I don't see how you guys can go to these and not drag home a car or at least a truck load of parts. I guess my level of auto addiction is out of control. I finally went cold turkey about 4 years ago and sold everything. Sold off every untouched project car. Then a few project cars that were still far from done and then kept going and sold even the finished cars. In the end I have 36 less cars/trucks left to look after/keep up/worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                            I don't see how you guys can go to these and not drag home a car or at least a truck load of parts. I guess my level of auto addiction is out of control. I finally went cold turkey about 4 years ago and sold everything. Sold off every untouched project car. Then a few project cars that were still far from done and then kept going and sold even the finished cars. In the end I have 36 less cars/trucks left to look after/keep up/worry about.
                            So what the hell do you do with your spare time?

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                              If you got rid of 36 vehicles yes I would say your addiction is slightly out of control. Nothing wrong with it though, way better than spending your time and money on a barstool. You quit completely, or still keep a few projects around?
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                              X