New Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    My wife has been thinking of getting one for her next vehicle. She’s kinda fallen in love with big trucks like the King Ranch. The only thing she doesn’t like on the Ram is the color combinations. Which isn’t a big deal IMO with all these wraps and leather seat covers that are available these days.

So FYI, the new tablet uConnect is running on Android instead of QNX. The dev team for the old uConnects has been run by Harmon Kardon (which is owned by Samsung). However it’s my understanding that this unit is being done by Samsung’s android team and not at all by HK.

IMO that is potentially a huge improvement for the uConnect. The HK dev team has been a cluster F and the QNX based uConnect is a buggy PoS. It’s the only thing I hate about my Jeep.
    I’ve read about issues with unconnect, but never had any myself.

I did the math yesterday. Between my father and I, we have racked up 450,000 miles on 3 Rams since 2012. Out of them, one had the lifter issue, so replaced lifters, cam, timing chain; and the same truck had an evap replaced @ 211k. 2 trucks had a couple broken exhaust manifold bolts. The rest has been routine maintenance.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

oh btw when you get the extended warranty make sure its the mopar warranty! some dealerships like to sell 3rd party warranties

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        oh btw when you get the extended warranty make sure its the mopar warranty! some dealerships like to sell 3rd party warranties
        THIS!!!

And typically can be found a lot cheaper online AFTER you buy the vehicle!

Comment

Good luck
          Last edited by 4EyedTurd; 12-27-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I was looking at them earlier this year. I wanted a 3/4 or 1 ton, and the time I was buying was when the 19's had just come out and they weren't dealing at all. I ended up getting a super duty and have really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I was looking at them earlier this year. I wanted a 3/4 or 1 ton, and the time I was buying was when the 19's had just come out and they weren't dealing at all. I ended up getting a super duty and have really enjoyed it.
              Well, you made the best choice either way if it's diesel.

I'm not loving the aluminum, but I know a guy with a 18 Dodge and it might as well be aluminum as thin as that steel thickness is.

Comment

Yea, the Jeep's uConnects (5, 7, and 8.4" models) have all be plagued with crashes, bad updates, etc. The problems get much worse when using Carplay. For me, originally the GPS was screwy on Waze and Google maps. I would always start me off at a single location, no matter where I was. I could be in another state and it would show me in front of a Target store in Denver. An FCA firmware update eventually fixed that.

Now I'm plagued with steering wheel buttons that don't work on an intermittent basis. Folks with the 8.4" get updates pushed out that tend to break things. For instance they pushed a new app store out in November that killed everyone's Off Road pages. They promised a fix for that but it won't be out until January. The devs for that product are a total cluster F.

I hope the QC process is much better for the new Android based uConnects.

Comment

I haven’t even gotten into the issues I’ve had with Microsoft sync but it sucks and is so glitchy as well. I figured infotainment is a wide problem across all platforms but yeah sync sucks too and its worse if I use Apple CarPlay. Not to mention how many things it controls so if it goes out I pretty much am stuck.

Comment

Have you looked at the GMC AT4's with the 6.2L, if they didn't have such a small fuel tank that might have been my next vehicle since I do have a good relationship with one of the small town GMC dealers out here.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      Have you looked at the GMC AT4's with the 6.2L, if they didn't have such a small fuel tank that might have been my next vehicle since I do have a good relationship with one of the small town GMC dealers out here.
                      I have but I do not like GM interiors, while they have gotten better in years it’s still not as nice as the Ram. They also have less room than the Ram. With that 6.2 they are more than I want to spend as well, puts it out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        I haven’t even gotten into the issues I’ve had with Microsoft sync but it sucks and is so glitchy as well. I figured infotainment is a wide problem across all platforms but yeah sync sucks too and its worse if I use Apple CarPlay. Not to mention how many things it controls so if it goes out I pretty much am stuck.

The current Sync (I think it's v3) doesn't use Microsoft. I go through a lot of rental cars and I push to get Fords as often as possible because Sync has been bulletproof for me. GM's option (I forget the name) works well for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          I have but I do not like GM interiors, while they have gotten better in years it’s still not as nice as the Ram. They also have less room than the Ram. With that 6.2 they are more than I want to spend as well, puts it out of my price range.
                          Ram interior is way better than chevy. In material quality, features, and fit/finish.

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          The current Sync (I think it's v3) doesn't use Microsoft. I go through a lot of rental cars and I push to get Fords as often as possible because Sync has been bulletproof for me. GM's option (I forget the name) works well for me too.
                          GM is mylink, and mine goes a little wonky every now and then, but nothing major. Usually my phone will connect, but refuse to play music unless I switch to radio first.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            Ram interior is way better than chevy. In material quality, features, and fit/finish.

Agreed, I'll even go a step further and say that the latest RAM interior is better than any pickup out there. Ford included.

Comment

It’s a dodge nothing left to say

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                                All electronics in modern cars scare the shit out of me. I have a '17 Hellcat and with all that is dependent on the electrical system it worries me to own it past warranty.

Yup. Keeps people buying new replacements.

Comment

Working...
                                X