Apparently I need to calm the F down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I need to calm the F down

I went into the ER Friday night with a BP of 184 over 109. Seriously felt like I was going to die. hand and feet tingling, head throbbing, and felt a little drunk. after about an hour and a half they got me down in the low 140's but that's still high. They also saw a few anomalies in my EKG. My liver enzymes are elevated, and I have some kind of inner ear thing going on, they said that was why I was dizzy. Basically Friday my whole body went to shit. I've been kinda off my diet, and apparently under a lot more stress than I thought. Work's been crazy stressful since the buy out, my wife's work is off the rails busy and there's that stuff with the kid, we are trying to move this year, the car wrecks and well pretty much go look at the "as if my luck" thread and you'll see 2019 just wasn't my year. I thought I was handling it well enough but I guess I wasn't.
    So 2020 starts off with some changes, I'm back to eating right, no more drinking, I've cut caffeine and energy drinks, need to get some exercise, and do some meditation. I've been running non stop between work and the kid so much that all the stuff I used to do to relax has been pushed to the side. I don't really work on or fly rc anymore, my project cars are collecting dust, and my model car work bench is just piled up with junk. I have been shooting on my lunch breaks when I get one, but I need to do more. Friday scared the hell out of me. anyway, thanks for listening. Now I need to get back to work.

Sorry to hear man! When you fly RC...where do you normally go for it?

And good call on no alcohol. That's the single biggest thing that helps me mentally and physically. I'll still drink on occasion...but were talking at most a few times a month and when I'm on a health kick...not at all.

Comment

Dang man, sorry it’s catching up with you. I get it for sure.

Hope 2020 is more peaceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Sorry to hear man! When you fly RC...where do you normally go for it?

And good call on no alcohol. That's the single biggest thing that helps me mentally and physically. I'll still drink on occasion...but were talking at most a few times a month and when I'm on a health kick...not at all.
        I'm the president of the North Texas Aeromodelers in Denton. Our field is at North Lakes Park. Come check it out sometime. let me know what it's like. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Dang man, sorry it’s catching up with you. I get it for sure.

Hope 2020 is more peaceful.
          Thanks, me too

Comment

Hory sheet! You puttin you on BP meds?

Hope things Smoot over and you're better able to manage the stress.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Hory sheet! You puttin you on BP meds?

Hope things Smoot over and you're better able to manage the stress.
              Not yet, I need to setup an appointment with a regular Dr. and a cardiologist. This is my first time with BP issues, I'e always had real good numbers in the past.
              I will have to see what the doctors say. hopefully my lifestyle changes will help too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                I'm the president of the North Texas Aeromodelers in Denton. Our field is at North Lakes Park. Come check it out sometime. let me know what it's like. lol
                Haha thanks...I may try it.

Btw...do you have a HAM license for FPV flying?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Haha thanks...I may try it.

Btw...do you have a HAM license for FPV flying?
                  Personally no, but you are supposed to. I fpv very little and just use little 25 milliwatt transmitters.

I don't do anything long range or high output. Though I would like to one day.

Comment

Getting old is for tough people!
                    Get you license it is a piece of cake!

DE KI6FG

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      Personally no, but you are supposed to. I fpv very little and just use little 25 milliwatt transmitters.

I don't do anything long range or high output. Though I would like to one day.
                      I wondered how many people that fly FPV actually get the app.

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
                      Getting old is for tough people!
                      Get you license it is a piece of cake!

DE KI6FG
                      I plan to get mine in a few weeks. It sounds pretty easy like you said, so I just bought a study guide app.

Is it as easy as the 107 exam?

Comment

I used to teach for Gordon West in Cali.
                        If you need an Elmer LMK.

Comment

It's scary when your body notifies you the first time that you aren't bulletproof any longer - looking up at the ER room ceiling on a stretcher is definitely a wakeup call. Some people don't survive their wakeup call, but you got a second chance.

I've had two major wakeup calls in the last 10 years that have definitely slowed me down. I wasn't listening after the first one so I got another one

Sounds like you are on the right track with your changes - keep it up!

Cutting down on the alcohol is definitely a good move.

Comment

Dang man! If you don't already have one, get a home BP monitor. Omron is a good brand, and not too much $$$. Check sitting and standing, and log it!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                              It's scary when your body notifies you the first time that you aren't bulletproof any longer - looking up at the ER room ceiling on a stretcher is definitely a wakeup call. Some people don't survive their wakeup call, but you got a second chance.

I've had two major wakeup calls in the last 10 years that have definitely slowed me down. I wasn't listening after the first one so I got another one

Sounds like you are on the right track with your changes - keep it up!

Cutting down on the alcohol is definitely a good move.
                              I have had that happen. My wife finally talked me into checking my blood sugar level and it was 491. No telling how long it had been like that. In addition to other things, I quit drink sodas that day. That was 4 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X