Church shooting - White Settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church shooting - White Settlement

Very sad situation, but that former FBI agent is a damn rockstar.

Check out the video (please note: fairly graphic and unedited!!):

Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

A big iron. Sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 22:36

Originally posted by sc281 View Post

Comment

my daughter goes to that church...but she wasnt there. Her and the boyfriend woke up late and decided to go grab some breakfast instead.

Comment

Breakfast over the lord I always say.

Comment

Boom, headshot!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sucks for the person who lost their life besides the shooter.

Comment

Yeah fuck that guy.
              He had a on a mask and wig, he went in there to kill or confront someone. Good thing that retired FBI guy was in there, he wasn't fucking around, he hit that guy in the head with one shot as the guy was swiftly walking away.
              Sucks for the first old guy that went for his gun, I don't know what he was thinking, it looked like he had his weapon at the five o'clock position, he went for his concealed weapon and he got hung up on his clothes and he paid with that mistake with his life. As soon as the shooter saw him fumbling with his gun he took him out first...
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                As soon as the shooter saw him fumbling with his gun he took him out first...
                That's why I'll never open carry. I'm still trying to loose weight so I can carry better and not have my gut or love handles get in the way.
                I'm spending a lot more time at the range too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  That's why I'll never open carry. I'm still trying to loose weight so I can carry better and not have my gut or love handles get in the way.
                  I'm spending a lot more time at the range too.

So was he targeted first because he was open carrying?

Anyways, those are smart moves on your part. If you can afford the time and money I'd advise tactical training as well. It can be fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    So was he targeted first because he was open carrying?

Anyways, those are smart moves on your part. If you can afford the time and money I'd advise tactical training as well. It can be fun too.
                    Not what I meant exactly. His fumbling got him shot. The shooter saw him going for his gun and labeled him as an immediate threat. Open carry to me is just a big sign saying "shoot me first". concealing in an unreachable position is nearly as bad in my eyes. I'm not belittling the man who lost his life, he was heroic in his efforts, heck that whole group of guys kick ass with their responses. I just want to learn from this whole situation and be prepared, while hoping I never mind myself in his shoes.

Comment

all i'll say is if some douchebag comes in our church wearing a long coat he'll have half a dozen guns on him the whole time . sucks that lives were lost but 6 sec and done aint bad . i think he was targeting the other guy from river oaks .

Comment

The anti gun activists will say that if we had stricter gun laws that this whole situation could have been avoided, you know because the criminal won't illegally own a gun or anything just like since drugs are illegal we don't have a meth or heroin , etc issue.

I say that because we have second amendment rights, a man was able to defend himself and save numerous lives because criminals don't follow law abiding citizen's rules. Good on that man and God bless him. It's a shame innocent life was lost but it could have been so much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                          I say that because we have second amendment rights, a man was able to defend himself and save numerous lives because criminals don't follow law abiding citizen's rules. Good on that man and God bless him. It's a shame innocent life was lost but it could have been so much worse.
                          I'm especially thankful none of the other guys started shooting, friendly fire in situations like this scare the heck out of me. The guy that dropped him said he'd been watching the shooter since he entered the church. He's a retired FBI agent so he's a much better marksman than average and his situational awareness is obviously pretty solid. If he wasn't there they could have had 5-6 other folks unloading in the general direction of the shooter.

Comment

The other thing that puzzles me is why wait? You see a guy that isn't a member or parishioner and he looks like that, why isn't the "security detail" asking questions?
                            Guy carrying a shotty in his long coat with an obvious wig, beard and acting suspiciously, deserves to be approached, no?

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                              my daughter goes to that church...but she wasnt there. Her and the boyfriend woke up late and decided to go grab some breakfast instead.
                              backsliders....

Comment

Working...
                              X