The Elephant in the Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    he was asked to produce his license which is what he was attempting to do.
    Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Maybe this is what they mean by "white privilege", eh?

The cop didn't ask him to show his weapon. The victim told him he had a gun and a license, then reached for his wallet to get out his driver's license - as directed by the cop.
    I have had one ask for my CHL when I wasn't wasn't carrying, but I refrained from schooling him that the law didn't require me to show it under those circumstances. Politeness, works every time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Maybe this is what they mean by "white privilege", eh?

The cop didn't ask him to show his weapon. The victim told him he had a gun and a license, then reached for his wallet to get out his driver's license - as directed by the cop.
      Having "white privilege" seems more like having common sense more and more every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Is that on recording, or "witness" statement?
        you're a dipshit, it was live on facebook
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Yes, this is the only thing I have ever heard from anyone who has a CHL. From what I have heard and experienced is when you show them your DL&CHL they ask where the gun is located. They know you have a clean record if you have a CHL and don't have anything to worry about and as long as you don't reach for your gun, they won't reach for their gun.

The guy in LA was being an asshole and started to reach for his gun, to either defend himself or to chunk it. Both moves were under the "play stupid games" column.
          the guy in LA was handcuffed on the ground with two cops on top of him..
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Is that on recording, or "witness" statement?
            This is the answer we'll all be awaiting. If he told the LEO he had a weapon, LEO said don't move, guy reached for his license/gun anyway...

Comment

You must have problems reading.

Originally posted by magnus
              This is literally all I know about one of the shootings.
              That picture is literally all I know. I don't know where it happened, didn't know he was a chl holder, didn't know it was on facebook, nothing.
              sigpic

Comment

The MN video I have seen on every site doesn't start until after the guy has been shot. Post up if you have something different. Until then, it seems to me guy said he had a guy and then reached. Whether or not the officer told him not to move or produce license is up in the air. I think the LEO may have pulled the trigger too fast, but if the guy was reaching for his weapon...

Comment

why are you commenting about something you cant take the time to do a little research on. you're on the fucking internet. google.com dumbfuck.
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Alton Sterling had a gun that he was pointing at people outside the store. That's why the police were called in the first place. The gun was in his pocket while he disobeyed lawful commands, which led to the confrontation you see on the video. A felon in possession of a firearm resisting arrest. What possibly could go wrong? Yet another case where someone would still be alive today if they didn't resist.

His rap sheet. Alton Sterling = Grade A piece of shit and a pedophile. Good riddance.

•9/09/96 aggravated battery
                    •10/31/97 2nd degree battery
                    •1/06/98 simple battery
                    •5/04/00 public intimidation
                    •9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
                    •9/04/01 domestic violence
                    •5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
                    •7/11/05 receiving stolen things
                    •9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
                    •3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
                    •4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
                    •4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
                    •6/03/09 resisting an officer, drug possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduce without consent
                    •10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, marijuana possession
                    •8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
                    •4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
                    •6/14/16 ecstasy and marijuana possession

Philando Castile

The incident itself was not captured on video, so we will have to wait for the facts to emerge from the investigation to get a definitive answer. Seeing an aftermath video supports nothing other than give fuel for the BLM protestors to do the stupid shit they do, which usually results in violence and wanton destruction.

However, I think this case more than any other I've seen warrants further scrutiny. This particular guy wasn't the usual suspect in these types of shootings. He reads like a pretty decent guy based on most accounts, with no criminal history. When the investigative facts come out and it any way reflects the account given by the girlfriend, then this Asian cop should be buried under the jail. The CHL holder aspect adds another interesting element. If he indeed was following instructions and was shot anyway by a cop with a itchy trigger finger, then all of us CHL holders have something to be concerned about in this case. Is there a duty to inform in the state of Minnesota?
                    Last edited by LS1Goat; 07-07-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      The MN video I have seen on every site doesn't start until after the guy has been shot. Post up if you have something different. Until then, it seems to me guy said he had a guy and then reached. Whether or not the officer told him not to move or produce license is up in the air. I think the LEO may have pulled the trigger too fast, but if the guy was reaching for his weapon...
                      did you hear the fear and terror in the officers voice?
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

why are you commenting about something you cant take the time to do a little research on. you're on the fucking internet. google.com dumbfuck.
                        I only do that for topics I care about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Whatever his past crimes or his crime that day, it wasn't punishable by death without indictment, judge or jury. Unfortunately, as a brown person, as of late you are denied due process in your encounters with police.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          Alton Sterling had a gun that he was pointing at people outside the store. That's why the police were called in the first place. The gun was in his pocket when disobeyed lawful commands and that led to the confrontation you see on the video. A felon in possession of a firearm resisting arrest. What possible could go wrong? Yet another case were someone would still be alive today if they didn't resist arrest.

His rap sheet. Alton Sterling = Grade A piece of shit and a pedophile. Good riddance.

•9/09/96 aggravated battery
                          •10/31/97 2nd degree battery
                          •1/06/98 simple battery
                          •5/04/00 public intimidation
                          •9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
                          •9/04/01 domestic violence
                          •5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
                          •7/11/05 receiving stolen things
                          •9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
                          •3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
                          •4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
                          •4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
                          •6/03/09 resisting an officer, drug possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduce without consent
                          •10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, marijuana possession
                          •8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
                          •4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
                          •6/14/16 ecstasy and marijuana possession

Philando Castile

The incident itself was not captured on video, so we will have to wait for the facts to emerge from the investigation to get a definitive answer. Seeing an aftermath video supports nothing other than give fuel for the BLM protestors to the stupid shit they do, which usually results in violence and wanton destruction.

However, I think this case more than any other I've seen warrants further scrutiny. This particular guy wasn't the usual suspect in these types of shootings. He reads like a pretty decent guy, based on most accounts with no criminal history. When the investigative facts come out and it any way reflects the account given by the girlfriend, then this Asian cop should be buried under the jail. The CHL holder aspect adds another interesting element. If he indeed was following instructions and was shot anyway by a cop with a itchy trigger finger, then all of us CHL holders have something to be concerned about in this case. Is there a duty to inform in the state of Minnesota?
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I only do that for topics I care about.
                            so can you go back to talking about your cool new ford taurus?
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Na.
                              sigpic

Comment

the guy in LA was handcuffed on the ground with two cops on top of him..
                                If you really believe this, then you truly are trolling Nay. I saw the video and they took him to the ground before he was handcuffed. After they shot him he was laying with both arms stretched out. So when they did they handcuff him, dude?

Also lets not forget that hes out selling bootlegged CD's, DVD's and his rap sheet includes, resisting arrest as well as in 2009 he was charged with carrying a weapon (a firearm) while in possession of a controlled substance (marijuana). He pleaded guilty two years later and was sentenced to five years in prison. Sterling had pleaded guilty to other charges in the past. Battery and he is registered as a sex offender. Outstanding citizen, alright...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X