Active shooter: Odessa Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    From the sound of things it sounds like this shooting could have been prevented if the Troopers hadn't decided to pull somebody over for a chickenshit reason when the man was having basically the worst day of his life. Had they not pulled him over for not using his turn signal he probably would have just gone home, had a couple of beers, watched some TV, and went to sleep.
    Don’t be stupid. Reports are stating he was on a ‘downward spiral’ for a long time before that happened, called police and FBI with nonsensical ramblings prior to the shootings. Anything could’ve set him off.

Comment

From the sound of things it sounds like this shooting could have been prevented if the Troopers hadn't decided to pull somebody over for a chickenshit reason when the man was having basically the worst day of his life. Had they not pulled him over for not using his turn signal he probably would have just gone home, had a couple of beers, watched some TV, and went to sleep.
      I initially had difficulty making any sense of it.
      A regular guy is driving around with a rifle and extra loaded mags in the front of an econo car. When police attempt to pull him over for not using a turn signal, he just starts shooting through the back window. He continues to drive, shooting a rifle randomly from the front of his car.

At some point he hijacks a mail truck and takes the rifle and ammo with him to continue randomly firing from a vehicle until he is cornered in a theatre parking lot and killed.
      It seems possible now, that he was geared up to do damage, possibly at his former place of work, when he was pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Seems absolutely ridiculous to assign causation to the officers when the shooter was the one at fault.
        But are you surprised?
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Seems absolutely ridiculous to assign causation to the officers when the shooter was the one at fault.
          Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Sure and all your posts could be factual instead of fantasy. Neither is gonna happen though.
          Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Don’t be stupid. Reports are stating he was on a ‘downward spiral’ for a long time before that happened, called police and FBI with nonsensical ramblings prior to the shootings. Anything could’ve set him off.
          Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          I initially had difficulty making any sense of it.
          A regular guy is driving around with a rifle and extra loaded mags in the front of an econo car. When police attempt to pull him over for not using a turn signal, he just starts shooting through the back window. He continues to drive, shooting a rifle randomly from the front of his car.

At some point he hijacks a mail truck and takes the rifle and ammo with him to continue randomly firing from a vehicle until he is cornered in a theatre parking lot and killed.
          It seems possible now, that he was geared up to do damage, possibly at his former place of work, when he was pulled over.

Sometimes it's just best not to fuck with people, you can never tell what you're going to find. If they seriously pulled him over for not signaling that is chickenshit. If they were on the lookout for the man and used a lack of signaling as a pretext stop then I can understand.

Thousands of people across the country at any given moment are having the worst day of their lives. And Incredibly small percentage of those people become murderers. Just because the man was a kook and things were on a downward spiral for him doesn't necessarily mean that he was going to become a killer. Further investigation may show that the man was methed out of his mind and had dope in the car.

Just like my friend years ago that shot the police up in McKinney; he was just odd and had no reason to shot and nearly kill two officers. He would have never shot anyone on that day if no one was running radar and pulled him over for speeding.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Sometimes it's just best not to fuck with people, you can never tell what you're going to find. If they seriously pulled him over for not signaling that is chickenshit. If they were on the lookout for the man and used a lack of signaling as a pretext stop then I can understand.

Thousands of people across the country at any given moment are having the worst day of their lives. And Incredibly small percentage of those people become murderers. Just because the man was a kook and things were on a downward spiral for him doesn't necessarily mean that he was going to become a killer. Further investigation may show that the man was methed out of his mind and had dope in the car.

Just like my friend years ago that shot the police up in McKinney; he was just odd and had no reason to shot and nearly kill two officers. He would have never shot anyone on that day if no one was running radar and pulled him over for speeding.
            Here comes King everything with all the right answers and stories...
            I hate to tell you probable cause stops like this stop numerous crimes including things such as these shootings. This guy was hellbent on shooting a lot of people whether he was stopped beforehand or not. He was going out guns blazing no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Here comes King everything with all the right answers and stories...
              I hate to tell you probable cause stops like this stop numerous crimes including things such as these shootings. This guy was hellbent on shooting a lot of people whether he was stopped beforehand or not. He was going out guns blazing no matter what.
              Please tell me exactly what mass shooting was prevented because an officer pulled someone over for not signaling. You can't and you know it.

The man wasn't driving down the road shooting, he started shooting once he got pulled over. Obviously the man was nuts but in all likelihood the shooting would have never started had he not been pulled over.

I'm pretty sure you could seriously look someone in the face and claim that if I got pulled over it would stop a mass shooting because I carry a go bag full of loaded magazines, a rifle, body armor, webbing, and a bullet resistant helmet but I am not out to harm anyone and carry what I carry as a precaution.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Please tell me exactly what mass shooting was prevented because an officer pulled someone over for not signaling. You can't and you know it.
                For that kind of a stop cops usually give a simple verbal or written warning and just want to snoop around to see if anything is wrong. Fun fact- Ted Bundy was caught with a simple traffic stop.
                Blaming police for his actions is no better than blaming a hurricane on Trump's actions. You look stupid doing it.

Comment

For that kind of a stop cops usually give a simple verbal or written warning and just want to snoop around to see if anything is wrong. Fun fact- Ted Bundy was caught with a simple traffic stop.
                  Blaming the cops for his actions is no better than blaming a hurricane on Trump's actions. You look stupid doing it.
                  You're demonstrating my issues with modern policing. Police have stopped investigating and now they simply police by traffic infractions. The police are the standing army that our founding fathers feared. I'm also not blaming the police, I just wish that the police in general would mind their own fucking business and not be tasked with enforcing laws that are pointless.

Comment

You're demonstrating my issues with modern policing. Police have stopped investigating and now they simply police by traffic infractions. The police are the standing army that our founding fathers feared. I'm also not blaming the police, I just wish that the police in general would mind their own fucking business and not be tasked with enforcing laws that are pointless.
                    Regardless how you feel, to blame them for someone else's unhinged actions is nothing short of retarded.

Comment

this sounds awful "shouldn't have worn that dress" to me

Comment

You mean those women weren't responsible for gettin raped?

Comment

Regardless how you feel, to blame them for someone else's unhinged actions is nothing short of retarded.
                          I don't blame the officers for the man's actions. I do place blame for the triggering event solely on the policies as they exist for law enforcement in the United States and indirectly on the officers for following through with those policies.

Is there any disagreement that this man was not shooting at anyone until he got pulled over? It appears that the shooting started right at that moment unless there's something that law enforcement isn't telling us.

Y'all keep overlooking me saying that law enforcement just shouldn't fuck with people unless it's a serious offense. Officers always complain that they never know what they're pulling over and how it could turn deadly in a heartbeat so maybe they should consider not pulling people over unless it's serious. Failure to Signal a turn or a lane change is not serious. They still haven't said whether or not it was a pretext stop. If it was a pretext stop because they were on the lookout for the man then I understand their actions.

Comment

lol... FFS.
                            and say someone cut him off, gave him the bird, etc... would yo then blame said person on his actions? You are overlooking the fact that regardless of outside stimuli, each individual is responsible for their own actions.

Comment

lol... FFS.
                              and say someone cut him off, gave him the bird, etc... would yo then blame said person on his actions? You are overlooking the fact that regardless of outside stimuli, each individual is responsible for their own actions.

But as far as we know no one did cut him off, or shoot him the bird. We know from published reports that the cops did pull him over and in all likelihood he responded to authority figures differently then he would have responded to someone shooting him the bird or cutting him off. From published reports it's incontestable that he started shooting after being pulled over. If he had been shooting prior to getting pulled over I'm pretty sure they would have said so.

I'd also like to point out the very obvious fact that I cannot say that he would not have shot someone without being pulled over anymore then someone can say random traffic stops have certainly stopped mass shootings previously.

Comment

Right. No accountability. Always the fault of someone else. Live in a world of hindsight. Retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X