what was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    Going to pick up my new drivers seat today.
    You know you can get subframe connectors that also brace the seat bolts. I’ve seen SNs with busted tracks and studs and doubt they were driven offroad.

Comment

• Man this project is so awesome. How well does the roll on paint hold up? Also...what series are you racing in?

In your video you ask for feedback about what we want to see. I think the content is great but portions drag on way too long. As an example, the into alone is 37s with a lot of it being minimal variety drone shots. The painting scene was over 3 minutes of mostly hyperlapse and the car still wasn't complete at thay point I just realized it was best to skip ahead. Your talking head shots are also pretty long. Breaking them up with just small b-roll clips of what youre talking would improve watchability as well.

I could also be full of shit based on how I consume content. If your viewer retention is high...ignore me.
      Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 07-01-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Man this project is so awesome. How well does the roll on paint hold up? Also...what series are you racing in?

In your video you ask for feedback about what we want to see. I think the content is great but portions drag on way too long. As an example, the into alone is 37s with a lot of it being minimal variety drone shots. The painting scene was over 3 minutes of mostly hyperlapse and the car still wasn't complete at thay point I just realized it was best to skip ahead. Your talking head shots are also pretty long. Breaking them up with just small b-roll clips of what youre talking would improve watchability as well.

I could also be full of shit based on how I consume content. If your viewer retention is high...ignore me.
        Thanks for the input, I'm trying to get the flow going better. It's a new kind of content for me, so there are hickups. The video I'm working on now I've cut the time lapse stuff up a lot more. I'm using a new test called "the 14yo daughter test" I have my kid watch the video, and if she doesn't look down at her phone during the video, I know I've cut it down enough. lol

The next video should be fun, and the one after that should be epic! I hope that as I go on, I'll get better at this stuff. I also noticed through all this that I've gotten fat again. lol got to work on that!

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          You know you can get subframe connectors that also brace the seat bolts. I’ve seen SNs with busted tracks and studs and doubt they were driven offroad.
          I'm thinking through the floor sub frame connectors are coming soon.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I'm trying to get the flow going better. It's a new kind of content for me, so there are hickups. The video I'm working on now I've cut the time lapse stuff up a lot more. I'm using a new test called "the 14yo daughter test" I have my kid watch the video, and if she doesn't look down at her phone during the video, I know I've cut it down enough. lol

The next video should be fun, and the one after that should be epic! I hope that as I go on, I'll get better at this stuff. I also noticed through all this that I've gotten fat again. lol got to work on that!
            Watch rich rebuilds to see how he breaks up some of the long dialogues with just pics and b-roll.

I think you can certainly have an entertaining style when you get into the groove of it. Its really about compressing and breaking up long shots.

A 14 year old sounds like a perfect test.

Comment

• Since we're talking production value (I am really enjoying them, btw), the one thing I would like to see improved the most would be lighting. Not that you need auxiliary lighting for everything. Probably little-to-none, but when you point the camera at your face, position yourself where natural lighting is used to best effect. There are instances where the background is so blown out, you become a silhouette. Minor quibble. I'm going to be watching the videos on this car no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Since we're talking production value (I am really enjoying them, btw), the one thing I would like to see improved the most would be lighting. Not that you need auxiliary lighting for everything. Probably little-to-none, but when you point the camera at your face, position yourself where natural lighting is used to best effect. There are instances where the background is so blown out, you become a silhouette. Minor quibble. I'm going to be watching the videos on this car no matter what.
                I know exactly what scene you are talking about, and I thought hard about cutting it. but decided to leave it in. Maybe I shouldn't have.

By the way if anyone has a sn95 seat track laying around hit me up!

Comment

I know exactly what scene you are talking about, and I thought hard about cutting it. but decided to leave it in. Maybe I shouldn't have.
                  The content was solid, so I would say leaving it in was the right call. Just food for thought with future filming.

Comment

• Here is a $20 strut tower brace.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pt...142721197.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      thanks, but it already has one.

Comment

I'm thinking through the floor sub frame connectors are coming soon.
                        Best way for sure.

Comment

• Picked up my "new" drivers seat last night. It's sun faded like crazy, but in every other aspect its like new. padding is good, frame is stiff as hell, and the fabric though faded, is still soft and strong. Not bad for $60.

Comment

Picked up my "new" drivers seat last night. It's sun faded like crazy, but in every other aspect its like new. padding is good, frame is stiff as hell, and the fabric though faded, is still soft and strong. Not bad for $60.

That pretty enough you probably won't even notice it when it gets dirtier! Good find; enjoying watching this one! This is almost as epic as some of your foamie B17 projects.

Comment

• I had those same seats in one of my old cars, you will probably like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                That pretty enough you probably won't even notice it when it gets dirtier! Good find; enjoying watching this one! This is almost as epic as some of your foamie B17 projects.
                                Thanks man. There are big things in the works for youtube content with this car. literally planning it right now. lol

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                                I had those same seats in one of my old cars, you will probably like it.
                                I really like the support and comfort of this thing. Can't wait for my seat bracket to get here.

Comment

Working...
                                X