Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you worried about sending your kids to school this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son is 5 and starts Kindergarten this year. He is going for (3) main reasons:

1) Straight up - my wife needs him out of the house for 6+ hours. We have a 2 year old and a 5 month old - and while he helps some, he needs interaction with other kids and to start learning how to read well. I've taught him basic math and sight reading, but I am not a teacher.

2) I've been paying insane Keller ISD taxes for 8 years now with no reaping of the benefits, it's time for KISD to hold up their end of the deal

3) Like many of you, my wife and I are convinced this is a media sham and overblown. Best way to fight it is to take our liberties/freedoms back wherever we can. If we send our children back to school, get back to work, fly again, vacation again, we (the silent majority) show we aren't afraid. This will make all the facebook Karens look silly when they are crowing from the roof the sky is falling, even when everyone else is living "normal" life.

Comment

This thread is so weird , on one hand the virus is real and actually affects people, even those that survive report lingering symptoms for months on end.

It's obvious this is a political issue but when the president says he did a great job and nobody will actually admit he could have done a better job, we should have higher standards than 100k+ dead while doing a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
        This thread is so weird , on one hand the virus is real and actually affects people, even those that survive report lingering symptoms for months on end.

It's obvious this is a political issue but when the president says he did a great job and nobody will actually admit he could have done a better job, we should have higher standards than 100k+ dead while doing a great job.
        And this post shows how well propaganda works on people.

1 - you've shown that you attribute all of those deaths to the president instead of the democratic governors that own most of them...especially early on.

2 - you have now narrowed you focus solely on the death count in a country that gives a financial incentive to someone labeled a COVID death instead of a flu or general pneumonia.

You have ignored all other potential negatives.

3 - you have completely ignored any of the other issues that come from "handling this better"

If this weren't an election year your perception would be so drastically different because the propoganda would be leading you down a different path.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          And this post shows how well propaganda works on people.

1 - you've shown that you attribute all of those deaths to the president instead of the democratic governors that own most of them...especially early on.

2 - you have now narrowed you focus solely on the death count in a country that gives a financial incentive to someone labeled a COVID death instead of a flu or general pneumonia.

You have ignored all other potential negatives.

3 - you have completely ignored any of the other issues that come from "handling this better"

If this weren't an election year your perception would be so drastically different because the propoganda would be leading you down a different path.
          Well death count for Republican states aren't exactly accurate and we wont know the full scope until next year to compare year over year.

We can do any metric we are number 1 in cases, hospitalization and deaths. What other metric would you use?

What other issues? Are you saying this is the best we could have done?

Comment

Well death count for Republican states aren't exactly accurate and we wont know the full scope until next year to compare year over year.

We can do any metric we are number 1 in cases, hospitalization and deaths. What other metric would you use?

What other issues? Are you saying this is the best we could have done?
            1 - how do you know they aren't accurate?

2 - my whole point is that our system incentives over stating COVID cases. Believing politicians and drug companies won't exploit that is absurd.

3 - other issues like longer shutdowns creating even more poverty...which is also deadly. Issues like "elective procedures" being canceled long enough for that tumor to spread through the body to an uncontrollable growth rate. Educational setbacks on an entire generation.

So while a victim of propoganda will say "we could do better than losing 100K (+/- 50K)". Someone thats not being steamroller by propoganda will say "are the 100K deaths from COVID actually preventable by a different response or would we just have created more bankruptcies, unemployment and job loss suffucient enough to outpace the death rate of the virus?"

You don't get to ignore the ramifications of a different response...but you will until after the election. You've already made that apparent.

Comment

1 - how do you know they aren't accurate?

2 - my whole point is that our system incentives over stating COVID cases. Believing politicians and drug companies won't exploit that is absurd.

3 - other issues like longer shutdowns creating even more poverty...which is also deadly. Issues like "elective procedures" being canceled long enough for that tumor to spread through the body to an uncontrollable growth rate. Educational setbacks on an entire generation.

So while a victim of propoganda will say "we could do better than losing 100K (+/- 50K)". Someone thats not being steamroller by propoganda will say "are the 100K deaths from COVID actually preventable by a different response or would we just have created more bankruptcies, unemployment and job loss suffucient enough to outpace the death rate of the virus?"

You don't get to ignore the ramifications of a different response...but you will until after the election. You've already made that apparent.
              1. Whistleblower, hiding numbers and not reporting them. How do you know they all the pneumonia ones weren't covid that are being reported?

2. That's the system we built but we are also at capacity over multiple hospitals if they are overstating just for the money they are going above and beyond.

3. The shutdowns were not used effectively at all and we never did a hard shutdown just a inconvenient one.

So you agree that the government did a great job?

Comment

1. Whistleblower, hiding numbers and not reporting them. How do you know they all the pneumonia ones weren't covid that are being reported?

2. That's the system we built but we are also at capacity over multiple hospitals if they are overstating just for the money they are going above and beyond.

3. The shutdowns were not used effectively at all and we never did a hard shutdown just a inconvenient one.

So you agree that the government did a great job?
                1 - because there's a financial incentive.

2 - nice try at your own propoganda...you trying to pretend that all cases reported result in overstating?

3 - I agree that handling this at the state and local level is the correct call.

Comment

1 - because there's a financial incentive.

2 - nice try at your own propoganda...you trying to pretend that all cases reported result in overstating?

3 - I agree that handling this at the state and local level is the correct call.

So prove your sources that deaths are overstated.

Federal government said it did a great job, specifically trump. Do you agree with that statement?

Comment

So prove your sources that deaths are overstated.

Federal government said it did a great job, specifically trump. Do you agree with that statement?
                    We will never know the answer to either of those.

But any blame should start at the state level...not the federal level.

Comment

We will never know the answer to either of those.

But any blame should start at the state level...not the federal level.

Next year when we get year over year deaths we will know.

So again did trump do a great job?

Comment

Next year when we get year over year deaths we will know.

So again did trump do a great job?
                        No we won't. You've made it clear you'll believe whatever you're told to believe by billionaire media owners.

The measure of the appropriate response has to include much more than just covid related cases. Thats like saying everyone should get their colon removed to lower rates of colon cancer and then calling that a success. The nation isn't as simple as 1 disease.

If you think we should be judging trumps response over Cuomo, Abbott, Newsome...etc...then there's no point in this. I'm not going to dignify you with a response because I can see where your extremism lies.

Comment

Last year 80k died from the flu last year and no one worried a bit. We already have plenty of docs/nurses stating how deaths related to other causes are listed as Covid fatalities. 1.5 million died from TB worldwide in 2018 and again no worries.

We also know all the “probable” cases being reported now are based on far reaching assumptions. If you have allergies, you meet tue criteria for presumed Covid case.

You ever notice how free speech is being suppressed and words are being twisted to mean something else these days? I’ve been telling you guys this crap is Orwellian for years. This is just another “crisis” being used for political gain. The sad part is that lives are being lost and other lives destroyed to stoke the fore of fear. If you get scared enough, then you will support their BS.

The fix is easy. Stop being afraid.

Comment

Lol so if we have an extra million dead in year over year numbers you will blame it on the media instead of the virus.

None of those people said they did a great job, show me quotes and stop saying fake news and conspiracy theories. Use real sources.

Comment

Lol so if we have an extra million dead in year over year numbers you will blame it on the media instead of the virus.

None of those people said they did a great job, show me quotes and stop saying fake news and conspiracy theories. Use real sources.
                              You and a lot of others just don't get it. It's a VIRUS. Viruses, are gonna virus and there is literally NOTHING ANYONE can do about it. It has to run it's course like it or not. That's why blaming Trump is retarded. That's why Fauci taking credit is retarded. It's why all the decrees by Dem mayors and governors are pure BS.

Can you cure the cold or the flu? No, no one can do squat about them either.

This virus is uncontained and worldwide. Once a virus breaks containment, nothing matters anymore, so get over it.

THAT IS SCIENCE! Anything else is denial of science.

You can't control how many people will die from this thing, but a lot of the action of the dems and the press sure made it worse (see hydroxychloroquinine as an example). There was a pretty good article about a doc in Midland fighting this thing that has not lost any high risk patients yet. He's treating it like any other virus that affects respiratory function. The press didn't cover his story since it doesn't fit their narrative.

When the press releases the cure for the common cold, then they can tell me how they plan to eradicate Covid 19. Until then, I'd be happy if they just stop lying every word they write.

Comment

We have vaccines in the making. The oxford one showing the most progress. Media covers it.

Plenty of other countries contained it early on and still do.

Never blamed trump I just find it hilarious that he said we did great since noone believes it.

I will blame trump for the delayed action and the hoax comments though

Comment

Working...
                                X