Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ Abrams is officially the king of all nerds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I think having ongoing series throughout the years has really made Star Trek more appealing. You get a lot more unique characters and its not always black and white. With star wars, there is always a good and a bad. With Star Trek, a grey line is always evident. Kirks hatred for the Klingons being one of those grey lines.

The average fan doesn't really go past the movies for Star Wars.

The average fan for Star Trek has multiple series and story lines to really choose from.
    That's true, it has definitely had a lot more time and attention. But really the reason it's successful is because the back story and idea of the series is so strong. So many great movies, actors, characters, etc. Star Wars Episode 1 definitely almost ruined the whole damn franchise.

I have to laugh at how Disney isn't wasting any time on it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      That's true, but really the reason it's successful is because the back story and idea of the series is so strong.
      And of course the necessary hot chick in each series doesn't hurt.

Whats star wars got? Princess Lea from 30 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Oh dear god this is fucking unbelievable. This guy literally appears out of nowhere and he's already got both of the biggest movie franchises of all time?

Ahem. He has not touched James Bond.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          If it doesn't have Harrison Ford return as Hans Solo I couldn't care less.
          Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I feel the same way about Heiden Christianson. he never got a fair chance.
          I expect better from you two gentlemen.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            I expect better from you two gentlemen.

I've never been a Star Wars fan. Don't even own any of them, and I've got a massive movie collection.

Comment

JJ is an OUTSTANDING choice! He doesn't have just one way of doing a movie. I predict it will be nothing like Star Trek. Star Trek really felt like a Star Trek movie (except that it was actually really good). I believe Star Wars IV will FEEL like a Star Wars movie.. except it won't have all the SUCK that Lucas brought to the table for Episodes I to III...

I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Comment

If it doesn't have Harrison Ford return as Hans Solo I couldn't care less.

Comment

I've never been a Star Wars fan. Don't even own any of them, and I've got a massive movie collection.
                  Are you sure you're not an old Russian sleeper agent?

Comment

Are you sure you're not an old Russian sleeper agent?

I even saw Return of the Jedi in the theater. When it was originally released.

Comment

I even saw Return of the Jedi in the theater. When it was originally released.
                      So you're old enough to be a Russian sleeper agent... hmmm...

Comment

Das ve danya.

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuck!

Comment

So you're old enough to be a Russian sleeper agent... hmmm...
                            New show "The Americans" on next week. FX. Believe that sir.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

That's exactly what I'm talking about, thank you.

Comment

I'm excited. Just consider how low the bar is for JJ Abrams and a new star wars movie compared to the prequels.

Comment

Working...
                                X