Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a second opinion on a wood floor my inlays are having installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a second opinion on a wood floor my inlays are having installed?

My inlaws are having their floors replaced and the guy is having issues making it look right. The gaps aren't lining up right and he says he's just going to use wood filler. Do any of you guys know someone who does wood floor that I can't text some pics to or talk to and get a 2nd opinion? I know it's not right but I'm not sure why it's not right or if this guys just not very good.
    Thanks

get that guy out of there. send me the pics to 2143942302. I'll send the pics to my flooring buddy. I would give you his contact info but he's on vacation with the family but I know he's not doing shit b/c he was sending me stupid/funny videos yesterday

Comment

What kind of wood floors? Nail down hardwoods, engineered wood? slab or pier and beam?
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
        get that guy out of there. send me the pics to 2143942302. I'll send the pics to my flooring buddy. I would give you his contact info but he's on vacation with the family but I know he's not doing shit b/c he was sending me stupid/funny videos yesterday
        Ill text them to you in the morning. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          What kind of wood floors? Nail down hardwoods, engineered wood? slab or pier and beam?
          Slab and hes gluing it down.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
            Slab and hes gluing it down.
            glue down engineered on a slab should not have gaps so large that they need filling. My concern would be the expansion and contraction in the future. I've seen them cup at the ends, sometimes quite severely. I've never had to replace due to this issue, as they always went back and never cupped again. However, just imagine if he fills them with wood filler and they cup, or as they expand and contract, it is going to crack on come out and be a constant issue. In addition to that, if it is pre-finished engineered wood, it will never match once he fills and attempts to stain the filler.

Sounds like he did a piss poor job of installation and was not able to get the joints to interlock, or line up as he installed.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
            X