diy home security camera system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
    My lil bro just got his lp reader in the other day and mounted last night. Im sure he will see the thread and post some pics.
    I just installed a Huisun PTZ with 10x optical zoom. Bought it on eBay for $120 shipped from China (took 7 days to get here). I found people talking about it here... https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread...ding)-settings

I have it getting cars turning into my driveway. I'd guess it is about 100 feet. With the settings to read LP's, you can't really see anything else at night. Day time is fine.

Here are a couple pictures. One for reference and the other is my wife leaving at 620am. FYI..these are just screen shots from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
      I just installed a Huisun PTZ with 10x optical zoom. Bought it on eBay for $120 shipped from China (took 7 days to get here). I found people talking about it here... https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread...ding)-settings

I have it getting cars turning into my driveway. I'd guess it is about 100 feet. With the settings to read LP's, you can't really see anything else at night. Day time is fine.

Here are a couple pictures. One for reference and the other is my wife leaving at 620am. FYI..these are just screen shots from my phone.

Thats sick
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I zoomed out so you can see how far it was shooting.

Comment

That looks great!

Ebay link?

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post

But will it read the plates going to my house?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-IP2M-8...ilpage_o00_s00

I have a live stream of my son right now on my second monitor in his playroom.
              I was taking a shit the other day, I checked on my kids, my daughter was causing trouble so I listened in and told them to chill out, through my phone, while taking a shit. I am ordering another one today.
              Good to hear, as I just ordered one yesterday as a matter of fact.
              I am going to use it to keep an eye on the house and make sure my disabled grandmother behaves while I'm at work taking a dump

Comment

I just ordered one from Sams Club for $649 for my local VFW post. It works great and was easy to install. It's HD 1080P and has night vision. It game with a 2TB hard drive and 10 cameras.
                Attached Files

Comment

Costco has their system on same for $499 right now. I think it is Lorex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Costco has their system on same for $499 right now. I think it is Lorex

The Lorex camera suck in my opinion. They do the job, meaning it's functional and serves its purpose, but the quality is terrible. It's really hard to make out facial features and details to identify anyone. Samsung is the way to go!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                      The Lorex camera suck in my opinion. They do the job, meaning it's functional and serves its purpose, but the quality is terrible. It's really hard to make out facial features and details to identify anyone. Samsung is the way to go!!
                      Good to know!

Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Has anyone had experience with the Nest cameras for indoors or outdoors?

We are looking at smart home tech using a Wink Hub 2
                        Wink Hub 2 is the first smart home hub designed for the mainstream consumer, sporting industry-leading protocol support, a sleek design, enhanced connectivity, and security features that create a best-in-class experience.

Looking to link door locks, garage doors, various interior lights, a Nest thermostat and Nest indoor and outdoor cameras.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Also needs decent night vision. Night being a big time slot of criminal activity and all
                          WH

Comment

After narrowing down what I wanted and did not, I ended up choosing this system and have ZERO complaints...

Swann, pioneer of do-it-yourself security, is a global leader and provider of home security camera systems and accessories. Explore our range of products.

I paid $899, but it's on sale for $599 now.
                            I also added in 3 additional 4MP camera's that I got refurbed off ebay(around $80 each)

Comment

I went with Nest's cameras. 4 outside and 4 inside. Easy to install. Simple to setup on their app. Direct links to my Wink Hub. User friendly. I can go into the app and change anything in the camera i want, notifications, home/away assist, schedules, quality and bandwidth, night vision, microphones, etc.

The only downside is the recording aspect. Their service is high dollar for this amount of cameras. So I am looking at other options to hack it. I found a guy on youtube who has it hacked and I am going to try that route.

I can view them all on a tablet along with my other smart home options I have with the Wink Hub (lights, door locks, etc).

Comment

I went with Nest's cameras. 4 outside and 4 inside. Easy to install. Simple to setup on their app. Direct links to my Wink Hub. User friendly. I can go into the app and change anything in the camera i want, notifications, home/away assist, schedules, quality and bandwidth, night vision, microphones, etc.

The only downside is the recording aspect. Their service is high dollar for this amount of cameras. So I am looking at other options to hack it. I found a guy on youtube who has it hacked and I am going to try that route.

I can view them all on a tablet along with my other smart home options I have with the Wink Hub (lights, door locks, etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X