Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 business owners, best MOBILE payment acceptance method - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

business owners, best MOBILE payment acceptance method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business owners, best MOBILE payment acceptance method

We are opening a rental business and are researching which mobile payment option is the best. We will be operating off an ipad so something like square up, stripe, etc is what we are imagining.

Any pros and cons of these from personal experiences. Any of these allow you to take security deposit or put XX amount hold on a card then give it back?

I don't have one, but we used to have a mobile detailer that would come up to our work. His tablet almost never had service unless he came in and used our wifi.

Comment

I'll also note that square charges extra if you have to manually enter the card no vs swiping. That's incredibly annoying because it seems like their card readers suck.

Comment

I've used square, it's OK, but overpriced IMO. Probably the best for mobile though.

Comment

PayPal sucks major ass. I just started accepting that and it's been down all week and won't let me transfer the money to my bank account. After calling 5 times they finally told me that I could go to Walmart and stand in line at customer service for an hour and they will let you withdrawal your money for $3 fee. So I'll be definitely following this thread if there is anything better that works.

Comment

I run two medium size operations on square. The third business, which is all keyed entry is thru cayan, due to square charging 3.5%>. I charge a different amount for purchases on card, but basically its a cash or check discount, not a card fee.

Square, as a app, kicks ass. Never had a problem in 4 years. Square is also the same even on amex.

Comment

And fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                And fuck paypal
                Like.

Comment

Join the Zelle® Network and partner with the nation's largest banks to provide a fast, easy and secure P2P payment experience for your mobile banking customers.

A lot of vendors use this at swap meets. Also, popular with Flea Markets, some Dr. offices, estate sell agents, and consignment stores. A bed and breakfast we frequent in the Hill Country uses this method as well.

Folks like it because it's secure, easy, and has cross platform support for hundreds of different banking institutions.

Comment

I don't know if it's the best, but I used shopify to create my website and run all my in person CC sales through their mobile POS system for my side business.

Comment

Square will fuck you in the ass the moment you have problems. They’re impossible to get ahold of, and I mean dead on impossible. It took her and I several days to find a real phone number for customer service, and there's No way to follow up. So... if your account is breached they will lock it and all monies down for weeks. Absolute shit show when my wife’s got breached. She couldn’t take CC payments from clients and couldn’t access her funds for over 4 weeks. They effectively locked her down for 6 weeks (she ended up using a regular CC machine in the end). Huge hassle especially if you have to, you know, pay fucking bills and charge clients n shit.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

What bank would your funding account be tied to?

Comment

Quickens?

Comment

FUCK PAYPAL!!!
                            Accepted a card payment on a car to save the guy the hassle of going to the bank. They now have placed a 30 day hold on the funds!!
                            Looking into Chase processing if anyone has any experience with them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              I'll also note that square charges extra if you have to manually enter the card no vs swiping. That's incredibly annoying because it seems like their card readers suck.
                              Its because their risk is much much higher on that transaction being fraudulent.

I have heard mixed things about Square. The banking business are such vampires.

Comment

Working...
                              X