Drag racing acronyms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag racing acronyms...

What do they stand for and how do they apply?! I have raced a few times at the track but have always street raced. I am getting older and want to do it the safe and mature way... at the track. Soooo my question being... does N/T stand for NO Time?! What about the rest. P/T?! I do not know therefore I dare ask.

So be it.

NT = No Time (do not flash their ET and MPH on the scoreboard)
    PT = Pro Tree (no countdown after both racers are staged; you get all the yellows at once and the green is .400 later)
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I've also seen DS which stands for Deep Stage. Some classes allow you to roll past the first beam which gives you a faster reaction time but slower ET. It's also what the blue lamp on the top of the tree is for.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Comment

46T is correct...never heard of NO
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

RT - Reaction Time
            ET - Elapsed Time

When bracket racing, you have to put your predicted ET somewhere on the car, usually in white letters on the glass. Sometimes the ET it will spell out DIAL or DIAL IN.

60' is the amount of time to travel the first sixty feet of the track
            330' is half of an eighth mile pass
            660' is an eighth mile
            1320' is a quarter mile

Your MPH at the end of the eighth and quarter mile is not based on a radar gun at the end of the track. It's a calculation of how long it takes your car to travel the last 66 feet of the track. Early on, NHRA used to calculate speed based on the amount of time it took to pass 66 feet before, and 66 feet after the stripe (132 feet / 10% of the track length). As cars got faster, the NHRA removed the need to keep accelerating past the end of the quarter mile to get trap speed and we're left with the speed calculation across 66 feet.

I'm putting this here because I've wanted to ask questions before but thought I'd look dumb doing it. When I got my '12 Mustang, the S197 forums had members saying, "I can't wait to go FI" and "I'm saving up for FI." I was confused. Aren't all these cars fuel injected? That's when they told me they meant Forced Induction! That still seems like an overly simplistic term for something that could mean anything from a 4-71 roots blower to twin 118mm turbos. To them, going "FI" also seemed to infer all the fuel system and engine changes to make it work and live.

But I digress. Feel free to ask anything you want. How else are you going to learn?
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

WFO Wide F---ing Open

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                WFO Wide F---ing Open
                What's the acronym for dragster on go-cart track?

Comment

I always thought it had to do with their career...
                  P/T... Pharmaceutical Technician
                  N/T... Narcotic Technician
                  sigpic

Comment

2 NOS = A whole bunch of nitrouses...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang View Post
                      I always thought it had to do with their career...
                      P/T... Pharmaceutical Technician
                      N/T... Narcotic Technician
                      LMAO all the grudge racers

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        What's the acronym for dragster on go-cart track?
                        GLE,

Gene losses everything, as you all will see Jersey Barriers will be set up at the end of the Drag Strip per court order. If another car comes on to the Kart track, no more drag strip.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          what's the acronym for dragster on go-cart track?
                          shtf

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                            GLE,

Gene losses everything, as you all will see Jersey Barriers will be set up at the end of the Drag Strip per court order. If another car comes on to the Kart track, no more drag strip.
                            They have a big no prep race scheduled this weekend so it probably won't take long to test them.

Comment

that's if it doenst get rained out.

Comment

Working...
                              X