Facebook Microphone - Iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Microphone - Iphone

I'm tired of seeing ad suggestions for exactly what I was talking about 5 minutes prior. How do I turn this off?
    Iphone 6S plus running 9.3.2
    If I go to the Facebook app under settings and look at what it is allowed access to, there is no microphone...thus I cannot disable it that way. Not much of a technology guy, so any help is appreciated.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Settings -> Privacy -> Mircrophone disable messenger and facebook access to it.

Comment

That's creepy as shit!

Comment

Many apps do this, some TV shows and commercials have a signal that play when they are playing that are inaudible to humans that phones can catch and process to interpret what you're watching.

It is creepy, but better advertisements are vastly needed. I miss a ton of shit because I've removed ads from my life and I hate it to a degree.

Comment

What other apps are you aware of that does this? I don't have FB anything on my phone and I too have removed ads from my life, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Comment

I found a list a while back but I lost it, dont remember what I had searched for. I think Google made this a big thing because they are probably the worlds largest advertiser and many other big companies followed suit.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
              Settings -> Privacy -> Mircrophone disable messenger and facebook access to it.
              Almost forgot I posted in this section.
              That's the thing, it's not an option to turn off the mic for FB and I have it off already for messenger.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                That's the thing, it's not an option to turn off the mic for FB and I have it off already for messenger.
                Messenger is the app that listens, not the Facebook app.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  Messenger is the app that listens, not the Facebook app.
                  Gave it a run this week to see if it's still pushing ads in relation to what I have spoken about recently, and it's still going on. I turned all the microphones off for sure (only one with microphone option was messenger anyway).

Anyone else noticing this? Seems to be an iPhone only issue, and everyone is giving the same answers that y'all gave here but on different forums. The people asking to resolve it have not found a fix, or at least none that I'm aware.

sigpic

Comment

Gave it a run this week to see if it's still pushing ads in relation to what I have spoken about recently, and it's still going on. I turned all the microphones off for sure (only one with microphone option was messenger anyway).

Anyone else noticing this? Seems to be an iPhone only issue, and everyone is giving the same answers that y'all gave here but on different forums. The people asking to resolve it have not found a fix, or at least none that I'm aware.
                    I notice it on my android, but even when I Google. I can google some obscure shit and and after 2 letters Google will suggest what I'm about to google if I was just talking about it. Ita indeed unsettling
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

But if you want to revoke Facebook’s access to your microphone anyway, here’s what you do:
                      On iPhone (iOS 9)

Go to the Settings app
                      Scroll down to Facebook, tap it
                      Tap “Settings”
                      Turn off the slider for Microphone (slider should be grey instead of green)

On Android (Marshmallow)

Go to Settings
                      Swipe over to “Personal”
                      Tap “Privacy and safety”
                      Tap “App permissions”
                      Tap “Microphone”
                      Find Facebook, and turn the slider to OFF

Facebook made over $5 billion in sales last quarter, and the vast majority of its revenue comes from advertising. Even if it’s not listening to us, it reads what we post: Just yesterday, the company announced a new AI program that effectively helps the company to figure out exactly what users are saying in their posts, which Facebook could eventually use to show users more relevant ads.

Comment

Working...
                      X