No announcement yet.

AR15 Pistol/SBR, Silincer, Form 1, and reloading questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I do my own prints and photos. Prints are best done if you actually have finger print ink and the actual card holder. All of which can be bought on amazon. Couple of practice rolls and you eventually get the hang of it. I've never had any come back.

My latest hassle has been zip code sharing. Two approved forms with my actual address, 3 returned with errors because address doesn't exist.

Comment

started reloading over Christmas, pain in the butt and when you screw up it makes a mess that you have to clean up and start over but once you get it down it's not bad.
      got a hornady AP press for $365 out the door with a cabela's coupon.
      but then all the other stuff - plates, dies, scales, calipers, primer flipper, gauges, cleaner, lub, special hornady wrench, brass cleaner & media, case trimmer for 223, reamer, whatever else and the gadget to tell you how fast your reloads are so you have a clue, guy at the range told me the one I bought Caldwell is crap

the 45 was easy, bought a deprime die (don't get a hand deprimmer if you must ill sell you one), deprime, clean brass, set up the press and start cranking them out if you miss a primmer then the powder dumps out the bottom and makes a mess, if you forget to put in a bullet and raise it backup then you just double powdered a shell
      223 huge pain, deprime, clean, lube and size (45s didn't need to be lubed), run through swager dies, clean off lube, trim (I like the wft on a drill), ream, blow out brass shavings or clean again then only have 2 stations in the press, powder and seater.

depriming made a mess of the primer insert part so I always take it off and clean & oil it well before starting.
      after missing a few primers, pulled the primer slide out and took the 700 sand paper and buffer to them (45 large, 223 small) and took the buffer to the part that screws down over them until they run very smooth in and out with no sharp edges or catches.

have it on a husky 4 drawer tool chest with a 1 inch plywood top and 2x6 across that with a slight overhang to mount the press on, used 1/2 bolts to bolt the press to the boards and chest then smaller bolts to bolt the boards to the chest, rather solid, not perfect but works well.
      overall a pain but glad I did it and over the year I expect it to pay for itself

get a reloading book or look at one at the library before you buy powder so you know what you want, if I had it to do over I would have just copied the pages needed from the library

also my first few batches I weighed every bullet to make sure they were all in the ballpark before shooting them
      Last edited by ryuu; 01-23-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
        Thinking about doing a CZ SBR.
        I thought about going that route as well but decided on the MPX because of it's similarities to an AR. But shit's a lot more expensive with it to

Originally posted by David View Post
        You can fingerprint yourself if you want. But most local LEO offices will do it for a fee.

Passport photos are suppose to be most recent of yourself, but how do they really ever know. Guess they could check Facebook.
        Good to know on both. I'll have to look into a fingerprint kit if I can't find an easy way to get mine done.

Comment

I took an MPX for a test ride last R&R. Heavier than expected but as an sbr it would be awesome.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
          X