No announcement yet.

Texas Law Shield - Gun Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone done any comparisons or research vs ccwsafe ?

Why should concealed carry permit holders choose a CCW Safe membership plan for legal self-defense support? Visit our website to learn more and meet our team.

I was looking at them the other night they seem to have allot more coverage for cheaper rates. The other night it had comparisons on the site now it says it is being updated.
    sigpic

Comment

I have ccwsafe, I remember their coverage being better and that's why I went with them when I was doing the research last year. Haven't had to use it, and hopefully don't ever have to,so can't say if they are legit in what they offer.
      2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Does anyone know what came of this?
        I waited and waited for a response but still wondering the same thing. Might have to hit him up on FB to respond to this as I'm curious to what happened.

Comment

I'm not a FB'er, so I guess I'll be out of the loop. I'm serious interested, though. I tried to look into it, but found nothing.

Comment

Sorry let me rephrase that. I'll reach out to him on FB to respond back to this thread. I don't have his number anymore otherwise I'd reach out to him that way.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks!

Comment

I talked to him earlier and he's on vacation right now but will respond once he gets back. But he did tell me that it's been two years and they still have his gun. I'll let him fill in the rest of the details.

Comment

Here are a couple links to what happen that day.

Mug Shot for Festus Johnson booked into the Dallas county jail. Arrested on 10/02/13 for an alleged burgurly/theft offense .

Texas law shield didn't pkay a roll to this but was the first people I called when this happen but since I wasn't charge and fell under the castle law all was good. Texas law shield called me for about 8 months or so checking up on me and making sure every thing was alright. The lawyer was the one that told me the guy I shot had 16 proir convections for the same thing and had a gun 1 of those times.

Tell this day I have yet got my gun back. I have called and emailed but still hasn't been released.

This was an experience for my whole family cause my daughter saw the guy coming out the shed and screamed DAD, my wife was standing next to her and my son was with me. I wouldn't have had my son with me but I firgured the guy already had left. This was probably the reason I open fired cause I didn't want nothing to happen to him and I didn't know if he had any thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                    What is the reasoning for them to keep your firearm?

I'm glad to hear it go well for you and your family. There were other contributing factors to note as well. The article stated you had an alarm on your she'd and video surveillance around your property. I hope others take note and not just rely on firearms. That is only the tip of the ice berg for total protection.
                    The detective said he sent all paper over to have my gun released but nothing.

I think the video is what help me a lot, the detictive came and got a copy and said all was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                      What is the reasoning for them to keep your firearm?

I'm glad to hear it go well for you and your family. There were other contributing factors to note as well. The article stated you had an alarm on your she'd and video surveillance around your property. I hope others take note and not just rely on firearms. That is only the tip of the ice berg for total protection.
                      Total protection can get expensive. I have the CCW and ADT, but I still need a good camera system. Anything else?
                      WH

Comment

Yeah I'm looking for one. I'm likely going to pull the trigger on one in a month. I know you can get 'em cheaper, but there's certain features I just really don't feel comfortable without. Decent zoom, 1080p, decent night vision, the ability to yell at people via a speaker built into the camera, etc. The good stuff.

There's some neighborhood kids and some other random people I want to be able to yell at, via the cameras. "Get out of my driveway!" "I'm going to release the hounds!" LOL
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by turbopaez View Post
                          The detective said he sent all paper over to have my gun released but nothing.

I think the video is what help me a lot, the detictive came and got a copy and said all was good.
                          Damn I can't believe it's been two years and you still haven't gotten it back. How long ago did the detective send in the paperwork?

Comment

Has anyone bought into this marketing? I'm seeing those damn USCCA vids hitting heavy on Facebook lately.

Did turbopaez ever get his gun back?

I've never talked to anyone that's actually had to use any of these policies. From what I can tell, they aren't actually insurance. They don't have to cover your case. Most deadly force incidents aren't cut and dry. Something to the effect that if you acted recklessly or were actually in the wrong, they don't have to do squat. Seems like whenever these sorts of questions get asked, they backpedal and don't offer a clear answer.

Comment

We still have it and I have not looked into it, or any others, any further.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                                Has anyone bought into this marketing? I'm seeing those damn USCCA vids hitting heavy on Facebook lately.
                                I was turned off by their extremely high pressure sales pitch. Any time someone tries to guilt me into buying something I generally stop listening. They signed up probably 25% of my class though so it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X