Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is it.

Comment

Very nice!! Eventually, I'd like to pick up a 1911.

Comment

Buy it, I love my spring field 1911

Comment

The problem with 1911's is you can't make them cheaply and still maintain reliability. Most 1911's you see with problems are cheap crap like ria's, Taurus's, etc. Sometimes you'll get a good one, but the failure rate is much much higher. Springfields are in my opinion as cheap as you can go and still get a decent 1911. They make good guns. If you're budget is $500 you need to look at cheaper guns like glocks, XD's, M&P, witness, etc.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            The problem with 1911's is you can't make them cheaply and still maintain reliability. Most 1911's you see with problems are cheap crap like ria's, Taurus's, etc. Sometimes you'll get a good one, but the failure rate is much much higher. Springfields are in my opinion as cheap as you can go and still get a decent 1911. They make good guns. If you're budget is $500 you need to look at cheaper guns like glocks, XD's, M&P, witness, etc.
            Because it needed to be quoted.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Ive seen more people have problems out of Kimber 1911's than taurus 1911's

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                You'll find a lot of guys in here tell you Kimber's suck. I've never seen a problem out of one myself. Taurus makes garbage, through and through.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've seen safeties fall off a couple of Taurus 1911's.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    I've seen safeties fall off a couple of Taurus 1911's.
                    hell, it amazes me that the safeties on any 1911 stay on.

Comment

Well, having never owned a 1911 I do not have anything to compare it to. But the SA that I got was very accurate, smooth trigger, crisp break, and shot everything I put in it. Granted, I only shot about 100 rounds through it using my reloads that ranged from 200-230 grains, and from soft shooters to hotter rounds.

Question----How often do you completely disassemble a 1911 for cleaning? I have heard every 1000 rounds or so, but just curious what opinions here are.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                        Well, having never owned a 1911 I do not have anything to compare it to. But the SA that I got was very accurate, smooth trigger, crisp break, and shot everything I put in it. Granted, I only shot about 100 rounds through it using my reloads that ranged from 200-230 grains, and from soft shooters to hotter rounds.

Question----How often do you completely disassemble a 1911 for cleaning? I have heard every 1000 rounds or so, but just curious what opinions here are.
                        completely as in down to the bare frame and slide?

Comment

hell, it amazes me that the safeties on any 1911 stay on.
                          Who needs safeties?
                          2012 GT500

Comment

completely as in down to the bare frame and slide?
                            Yes. Routine field strip for normal cleaning, but how often do I need to tear it all down to bare frame and slide?
                            Last edited by Semper299; 04-25-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                              Yes
                              oh hell, didnt know that. Ive had my colt all the way down, but just to have something to do and understand how the gun works.

Comment

I don't do that with any of my 1911's.

Comment

Working...
                                X