1911 pistols--$500 range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 pistols--$500 range

i have a LNIB springfield xdm .40 that i never shoot. i am really interested in picking up a 1911 pistol(would love something similiar to a kimber ultra carry 2). was curious if there are any good pistols like this in the $500 range. i plan to put my XDM on some local gun forums im on for trade.

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
    i have a LNIB springfield xdm .40 that i never shoot. i am really interested in picking up a 1911 pistol(would love something similiar to a kimber ultra carry 2). was curious if there are any good pistols like this in the $500 range. i plan to put my XDM on some local gun forums im on for trade.
    I am going to assume you are saying that you are offering $500 with your Xdm as the trade, not just a 1911 for $500 total right?

Only thing you are going to find in the $500 all in range is a rock island armory version. Not the greatest pistols.

If you are talking about $900-1000 all in, Sig 1911. Look for a "carry" model with a shorter barrel.

Otherwise, search used forums and be ready to pounce.

Comment

Ria but don't expect anything overly fancy.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

yes im willing to spend $500 cash with it. but less cash is always better LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Ria but don't expect anything overly fancy.
          I disagree. While they have trouble with anything but ball ammo, they are dead nuts accurate. They aren't fancy by any means but will reliably work without bells and whistles. I bit heavy for a EDC you can bet your ass they will function it needed.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
            I disagree. While they have trouble with anything but ball ammo, they are dead nuts accurate. They aren't fancy by any means but will reliably work without bells and whistles. I bit heavy for a EDC you can bet your ass they will function it needed.
            Never said they weren't, just they lack he refinement the higher priced 1911's bring.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I've got a Citadel Compact 1911 that I really like. Feeds ball, hollow point, and wad cutters no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                I've got a Citadel Compact 1911 that I really like. Feeds ball, hollow point, and wad cutters no problem.
                I call bs. How many rounds have you shot through it.

Not only is it a citadel, but a compact 1911 as well
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

You should sell the XD for cash, and buy the pistol you want. Trading in used guns is asking for rape.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've got an RIA 1911, I'll put up against any 1911 out there as far as realiability with any ammo. It's my range ho, that I happily share with friends. She feels so good, most guys don't want to return her. I've got nicer, more expensive guns too, but my range ho is nice tight and warm...

You get an RIA, polish the feed ramp, do a trigger job and use Wilson mags.... viola.

I will let you take it for a test drive if you like.

Comment

I have 2 officer sized RIAs and love them both. And at that price point I don't feel bad about using it or getting it full of sand out at the pit we normally shoot at.
                      Jon

Comment

Its $600, but I would go with this.

Featuring all the timeless style of an American original and sharing the proud heritage of the legendary Desert Eagle, the new .45 ACP 1911 from Magnum Research comes ful

Comment

Umarex USA. Turkish made. Feed everything I put in them, carry them both regularly. Mags kind of suck, but I bought some nicer ones and no issues.

Comment

I had 3 umarex pistols, all 3 of them were junk and I sold them.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Springfield 1911 a-1. any good?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X