Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomberg's $50 Million Challenge

lol..

Michael R. Bloomberg, making his first major political investment since leaving office, plans to spend $50 million this year building a nationwide grass-roots network to motivate voters who feel strongly about curbing gun violence, an organization he hopes can eventually outmuscle the National Rifle Association.

Mr. Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York, said gun control advocates need to learn from the N.R.A. and punish those politicians who fail to support their agenda — even Democrats whose positions otherwise align with his own.

“They say, ‘We don’t care. We’re going to he said of the N.R.A. “ ‘If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.’ ”

He added: “We’ve got to make them afraid of us.”

The considerable advantages that gun rights advocates enjoy — in intensity, organization and political clout — will not be easy to overcome. Indeed, Mr. Bloomberg has already spent millions of dollars trying to persuade members of Congress to support enhanced background check laws with virtually nothing to show for it.

What is more, for many gun owners, the issue is a deeply personal one that energizes them politically, said Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, who dismissed the mayor’s plans.

“He’s got the money to waste,” Mr. Pratt said. “So I guess he’s free to do so. But frankly, I think he’s going to find out why his side keeps losing.”

The N.R.A. had no comment.

Michael R. Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, said that gun control advocates had to learn from the National Rifle Association and punish those politicians who fail to support their agenda.

Saw that this morning. What a waste of $50 million, all that could be put to such better use

Comment

Oh noes!
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Bloomberg® AstroTurf ≠ grassroots
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Bloomberg should disarm his own bodyguards and see how well that works out for him since he wants to play hypocrite and disarm everyone else.

Comment

50 million seems like chump change for that sort of thing.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

let him waste his fucking money

Comment

Super rich guy wipes his own ass with money to enrage libtards..... that's a story?

Comment

So Bloomberg hates guns? I didn't know that counted as news.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                  X