Concealed knife recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post

I've been looking at a couple push blades like the Benchmade CBK 175bk. http://www.lapolicegear.com/becbkknwish.html or cheaper Cold Steel http://www.lapolicegear.com/coldstee...pal-knife.html

Short blades like the http://www.lapolicegear.com/katdilawenkn.html

Or an even more concealable http://www.lapolicegear.com/coldstee...skean-dhu.html
    that might be able to avoid metal detectors and wands.

You don't need a large, long blade for self defense. A small, short, sharp blade can get just as much done. You go sticking a long blade into someone, you may not get it back out easily enough to do it again. A short couple inches can really fuck someones world; neck, inside bicep, wrists, inner thigh, etc.
    You are spot on with the Benchmade push knife but the Coldsteel one it too small to be useful. I carry the Benchmade that you mentioned along with a Spyderco Civilian everyday.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      You are spot on with the Benchmade push knife but the Coldsteel one it too small to be useful. I carry the Benchmade that you mentioned along with a Spyderco Civilian everyday.
      If you find yourself in a situation where putting holes in a person's body is helpful, even that small blade can turn the violence of action in your favor. It doesn't meet the first 2 out of 3 rules to cutting someone, 1. Long 2. Deep 3. Continuous. But something hidden on your body is better than the longest knife you can't carry.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

If you find yourself in a situation where putting holes in a person's body is helpful, even that small blade can turn the violence of action in your favor. It doesn't meet the first 2 out of 3 rules to cutting someone, 1. Long 2. Deep 3. Continuous. But something hidden on your body is better than the longest knife you can't carry.
        Seriously; it is too small to hold well (I have large hands with thick fingers and wear a size 2x-3x glove) and you will cut yourself while trying to use it. The price was attractive and I bought some quite awhile back and wound up giving them to a friends daughter (She is 4'11" with small hands) for whom they are a perfect fit. Coldsteel makes a larger version that you can carry on a chain if you want to do so.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I travel for work a lot to places where everything is banned. My tactical pen makes it through all security checks. With its carbide glass breaker and stainless steel taper point it would leave a nasty wound on someone if it came to that. A shot to the temple with it would probably be terminal.

Yes the real key to this type of action is practice and mental preparation. The body can sustain incredible amounts of surface and cut trauma and keep going. The key is to have specific targets and hit them with whatever you have. Kevlar police gloves.... That will be my next purchase.

Comment

Can't remember what company was selling it but a long time I saw a knife that was made completely out of polymer so there would be no problems carrying it through a metal detector, might have to look that one up.

Anyway, what I've been wanting to buy for a fixed blade self defense knife is the Benchmade SOCP. There are a few other companies making them and Benchmade wasn't the first, but I happen to like the brand and would probably buy this one.

I can't remember if daggers are legal or not but I'd probably get this one with the serrated edge.

Last edited by Jose; 11-05-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              These get great reviews but they are very, very thin in the grip area. Made to be held point down in your hand while you grip other items such as a pistol.

Comment

How bout one of those Co2 things they stab sharks with? You stab a guy and boom! He explodes.

Or ruptures like something you'd see in that movie "The Thing".
                WH

Comment

These get great reviews but they are very, very thin in the grip area. Made to be held point down in your hand while you grip other items such as a pistol.
                  I haven't had a chance to handle one, I have actually never seen one in person, but it looks to be just as thin as the blade and a lot of the videos I've seen of it show it being held on the trigger hand. Need to get off my ass and order one.

Comment

What about a box cutter? Surely those are legal in England, razer blades easily replaceable, always sharp. Should be easy to find at any hardware store. Cops stop you, you were using it at work and left it in your pocket by mistake.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Picked up these two bad boys today. My first Benchmades.

Comment

You fucking hit the ball out of the park. Congrats on the excellent picks.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            Nice!
                            I handled the spear tip Benchmade with the loop that we discussed above. Not a fan of it. I couldn't convince myself, that if I needed to use it for what it was designed for, would I be comfortable with my trigger finger ran through that loop.

I bought the two I got from K-5 Arms Exchange in Trophy Club off 114. They had a good selection to pick through.

Comment

That's an awesome looking benchmade! I've had an Osborne for the better part of 3 years and use it everyday and it's given me no problems
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

I've got several, and this model is my favorite at the moment. Play with it a bunch, the action will get better (not that it's bad to start with).

Comment

Working...
                                X