Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Marathon Film PATRIOTS DAY

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Anybody seen this yet? It looks like they're glorifying the violation of the 4th Amendment but I'm not sure how big a part of the overall plot it is, especially since it did absolutely jack shit to help them find the bombers.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I watched it a few nights ago. It didn't seen to me to overreach 4th ammendment. If anything the movie downplayed the police reaction and responses of searching homes interior.

I liked to see Walberg play a role were he wasn't some super hero-no flaw-can't fail kind of a guy.

The movie itself was well done in my opinion. It kept me angry most of the way.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        Anybody seen this yet? It looks like they're glorifying the violation of the 4th Amendment but I'm not sure how big a part of the overall plot it is, especially since it did absolutely jack shit to help them find the bombers.
        This is the reason I don't want to watch it.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I went back and watched the trailers again. It wasn't just the 4th Amendment; they said they're going to search every inch of the city, which in itself doesn't mean a violation, but as we know the actual events were. There was also the part where the woman is being interrogated and says "I have a right to a lawyer" and the other woman says "honey, you don't have a right to shit."
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            and the other woman says "honey, you don't have a right to shit."
            Just saw it last night and wondered the same thing. Especially when she got up to leave and they did not let her, and it was never mentioned if she was under arrest. Wondering if that actually happened or Hollywood sensationalism. Didn't like the part where cop asks another "how many clips you have left?" during the firefight, but whatevs. Also, when MarkEMark broke down to tell his wife what he saw after the bombing, that doesn't really sound like what a cop would do.
            Still enjoyed it. Really made the younger brother out to be a whiny spoiled bitch.

Comment

I watched a few weeks ago and although I don't care for MarkEMark as an actor, I thought this was a good part for him. Good movie. My company is based in Boston and I remember how tense that day was for everybody as the city shut down. Good movie.

Comment

Working...
              X