No announcement yet.

What's your favorite 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's a Kimber and will probably explode.. but I really like my cdp II pro. Best shooting handgun.. (after a rough break in) I own!

Comment

Rock Island makes a decent 1911 if you want to stay on a budget. Nothing bad to say about them at all.
      1990 GT

Comment

Originally posted by F8LSVT View Post
        Rock Island makes a decent 1911 if you want to stay on a budget. Nothing bad to say about them at all.
        I've been looking at their double stack 10mm...but I can't find much on it good or bad

Comment

Picked this up today

Comment

I'm stupid for lightweight commanders. Last year I picked up this Ruger TALO Night Watchman and did a few small mods.

Stock:

Hi-Power cut/roundbutt/gunkote/grips:
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I still need a lw commander in 45..... I have one in 38 super. It's a DW to boot. I should've bought two Colts instead.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                I still need a lw commander in 45..... I have one in 38 super. It's a DW to boot. I should've bought two Colts instead.
                Don't overlook the Ruger LWC.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                  I've been looking at their double stack 10mm...but I can't find much on it good or bad
                  I have the double stack 9mm/.22TCM combo and it's great. Grip is a bit big and I changed the safety to a longer ambi style but overall good gun. Loose by high end standards but shoots reliably and magazines are readily available from mecgar.

Comment

I dig my 38 super.

Comment

Nice to see Ruger fans chime in. YALE that one is very nice! I need to pick one up this year.

No sig fans? They seem to have a shit load of different flavors. My buddy has the polished nickel? and it's heavier than a mf. The Fastback carry looks nice.

I had a Colt series 80 but sold it, so I recently picked up a Springfield operator and I am VERY happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                        Nice to see Ruger fans chime in. YALE that one is very nice! I need to pick one up this year.

No sig fans? They seem to have a shit load of different flavors. My buddy has the polished nickel? and it's heavier than a mf. The Fastback carry looks nice.

I had a Colt series 80 but sold it, so I recently picked up a Springfield operator and I am VERY happy with it.
                        I like my sig 226's. Haven't fondled many of there 1911's, cop I knew swore by his sig 1911. The springfields are good guns in my experience, I've had a few.

Comment

I had one Sig 1911.... notice I said had. They have the same issue too many aftermarket 1911s have.... too tight slide to frame. This one was cerakoted too and just that thin coating plus the tight machining led to FTF issues. I won't own a gun that won't feed right out of the box. The whole "break in" bit is a bunch of BS if you ask me.

I've held the Rugers and their 1911s seem like a heck of a value with options, price, finish etc.

Comment

Thanks man! Shumaker Gunworks in Stephenville did the custom work. I also had a SIG traditional Tacops, but I hated the trigger and traded it off.
                            Last edited by YALE; 01-10-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Have a sig TAC ops with the threaded barrel. It's nice but doesn't come out of the safe much. Also have a Desert Eagle 1911 which was my first. Great shooter but requires a ton of grease to run smooth. I like our 1911s but the weight and lack of capacity caused me to move to other platforms.

Comment

I picked up a rock island at the gun show sunday, that's a heavy gun.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X