Vasectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasectomy

I am going in Monday for the snip and I was wondering who else has had it done? What can I expect as far as discomfort afterwards? They were going to do it in house with local anesthesia but after I went over insurance information with them, they suggested full sedation at the hospital for my comfort so not worried about that.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Its a piece of cake man. Seriously, just feels bruised for a few days. The shot for numbing is the worst part, and its not even that bad.

Comment

Out of curiosity what does a vasectomy usually cost ?
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        A couple hundy.

It's no big deal. It takes about ten minutes and you have a mild "got kicked in the balls" feeling for about a day or so. Just park your ass on the couch and keep frozen peas on your nutsack. I took the Valium 20 minutes before sitting in the doctor's office because it doesn't cost any extra, but I didn't really feel like it kicked in and did that much. I was expecting more out of that part....

Full sedation? Fuck that.

Comment

bcoop says no worries at all, piece of cake.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

There are a few random cases where, for what ever reason, your balls could swell to the size of a grapefruit. I had it done and didn't have any issues but an old acquaintance had it done as well and he experienced the grapefruit size balls..... Good luck!

Another tip, while your sitting on the couch recovering, try to have someone to get you things or get all that you could need before sitting down. The muscles used to get out of a chair extend to that area and you'll definitely wish you hadn't tried to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              haha

It's not horrible, but I cannot stress enough, don't be the dumbass that thinks they are Mr Tough Guy and doesn't just take it easy for at least two days afterwards. You will want to be careful for about a week, after that you should be back to 99% normal. Well. As normal as you get, Frost. lol 2 bags of frozen peas on rotation will be your best friends.

Comment

Any discomfort is far outweighed by never having to bag up again.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks guys. I have been wanting to do this for a while and finally got the wife to agree

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Never have before.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      like you give a fuck, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        There are a few random cases where, for what ever reason, your balls could swell to the size of a grapefruit. I had it done and didn't have any issues but an old acquaintance had it done as well and he experienced the grapefruit size balls..... Good luck!

Another tip, while your sitting on the couch recovering, try to have someone to get you things or get all that you could need before sitting down. The muscles used to get out of a chair extend to that area and you'll definitely wish you hadn't tried to get up.
                        I had that happen when I got a hernia fixed. My sister came over to walk my dog for me and I was half squatted and hunched over the counter. She was like what the hell, me: my fuckin balls are swollen
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

LOL!

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Pfffttt.

Frost - When you're looking in to this, ask the doc what pain medication they prescribe. If they say "Ibuprofen" or "tylenol", find another doctor. And as others have said, stay off your feet for a couple days, keep a couple ice packs or bags of peas nearby. Take it easier than you've ever taken it before. You'll feel like you're capable of doing more, but it's a trap. Don't fucking do it.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Clip Job

The guys are right........the ice bag is your friend. Get a jock strap so there is no "Hanging down". Take it easy, and walk as little as possible. Be sure to get tested about 30 days after to be sure there are NO swimmers. Maybe the doc will have a pretty nurse who will help you gather the specimen. It could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                              The guys are right........the ice bag is your friend. Get a jock strap so there is no "Hanging down". Take it easy, and walk as little as possible. Be sure to get tested about 30 days after to be sure there are NO swimmers. Maybe the doc will have a pretty nurse who will help you gather the specimen. It could happen.
                              My doc is a friend of mine, we ride motorcycles together, play golf, etc. So when I was supposed to bring my sample in, I arrived early, gave it to his nurse, got a new cup and filled it a quarter full with warm water.

He walked in and I told him I had it, and walked over to him, stumbled and threw the water at him. It hit right at the v-neck so he could feel the heat. Initial response was similar to a high school girl getting sauced unexpectedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X