Best small gun for CCW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    I've heard that too....but I can say I have never had an issue with my little Kel-Tec and my dad says he has never had an issue with his LCP. I keep my handguns very clean and generously oiled...maybe that has something to do with it.
    Same. Ive had a few 380s but the ones i have run the most through are a Russian 380 mak, the LCP, and a cobra .380.
    Guess which is the only one that had any legitimate recurring issues, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      Same. Ive had a few 380s but the ones i have run the most through are a Russian 380 mak, the LCP, and a cobra .380.
      Guess which is the only one that had any legitimate recurring issues, lol.
      Probably the Cobra.

Comment

Probably the Cobra.
        You know you didn't need to include the word "probably" in that response.

Comment

I have a TCP that has never jammed on me. When my wife was first starting to shoot, she limp wristed it and it wouldnt feed. After getting here holding it properly, she shoots it great. Ive had a few people try it out, and if they do limp wrist it, it's likely to not feed properly. I know it's easy to blame the gun, but I cant.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            these are stolen from some wrestler in sherman/texoma area named
            Blue Cyclone....

god bless.
            Hey punk you forgot your chair!
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
              Hey punk you forgot your chair!
              He pile drived me right there on the hard concrete!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                I don't care about them. A race gun for a concealed carry piece is goofy as hell.
                I'm now completely turned off by these after seeing it has a manual safety.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

god bless.
                  Keep your booger hook off the bang switch. That's your safety!

Comment

god bless.
                    That is why I sold my Shield 40 and moved to an XDs 45. Had my Shield been the model withOUT the safety I would probably still have it.

Comment

I carry Federal Hydrashok 90gr JHP in mine. I've tested Hornady 90gr FTX and Winchester PDX1 95gr and have had 0 problems feeding or ejecting with my P3at. I'm not planning to take on a drug cartel or to go crime fighting with my .380.....just to provide close range self protection if someone or something like a dog tries to attack me. I'm fairly confident it will put a hole in whatever I shoot with it...while it may not be a huge intimidating chrome 44 magnum..I bet displaying it against a human threat would probably result in them finding an easier target. If not...Id bet 7 rounds of JHP will hurt enough to stop them.
                      This was my argument back when I carried a 9mm or use to carry my .380. I had a few people give me the ol' "doesn't have enough knock down power" speech before. Nobody wants extra holes put into them regardless of the caliber...they're going to think twice.

Since the topic has gone to .380's. I feel compelled to warn anyone considering a Bersa Thunder .380. If you're looking for that gun due to budget or whatever, do some research on the design. I can show you how mine became a paper weight while sending some practice rounds down range one day.

Comment

I always assumed the bersa was junk, with no proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                          I always assumed the bersa was junk, with no proof.
                          I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 for my mom a couple years back and I wasn't impressed...it wasn't reliable and had feed issues with several JHP rounds that my Kel-Tec 380 eats like butter. I sold it.

Comment

god bless.
                            Both of my shields lack manual safeties.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              Since the topic has gone to .380's. I feel compelled to warn anyone considering a Bersa Thunder .380. If you're looking for that gun due to budget or whatever, do some research on the design. I can show you how mine became a paper weight while sending some practice rounds down range one day.
                              ive had one since 1993 or so. its never skipped a beat. i certainly understand shit has prolly changed a lot since mone was built.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Both of my shields lack manual safeties.
                              i may have to go finger a couple.... then go look at some pistols!! heyyyyyooo!

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

ive had one since 1993 or so. its never skipped a beat. i certainly understand shit has prolly changed a lot since mone was built.

i may have to go finger a couple.... then go look at some pistols!! heyyyyyooo!

god bless.
                                My dad bought a bersa .380 in the mid 90's for my mom. We have had no issues with it. She still carries it in her car. The only time it failed to feed, i asked my dad how long since he cleaned it? He said maybe 6 or 7 years. I tore it down and detailed it and its never had another issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X