No announcement yet.

Anyone looking for an old Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-8 to me, she seems to know what she has and has likely taking all the lowball offers she is willing to accept.

Yale I know her as well, she is a Bishop Lynch girl? at one point, my friend Lindsey was supposed to "get" that car and store it in my garage and i was gonna help her finish it. but that never happened..

with that being said, I think she got wind of what it was worth, because Lindsey was getting it for next to nothing, and I had never seen pics, but i figured it was a hull of a car, and may a $1500 project.

at least i think thats the same car/girl..
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
      Would've if we had room. Had just bought another 96 Mystic and had to make room in the garage so he agreed to drive up and haul it home. Gave me a down payment, made one payment, now we play the waiting game
      time for a talk, then! "give me my money!"

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
        6-8 to me, she seems to know what she has and has likely taking all the lowball offers she is willing to accept.

Yale I know her as well, she is a Bishop Lynch girl? at one point, my friend Lindsey was supposed to "get" that car and store it in my garage and i was gonna help her finish it. but that never happened..

with that being said, I think she got wind of what it was worth, because Lindsey was getting it for next to nothing, and I had never seen pics, but i figured it was a hull of a car, and may a $1500 project.

at least i think thats the same car/girl..
        I think she is BL but graduated in the early 90's.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          So what would a fair offer on something like this be?
          without looking it over, somewhere around 7500.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            without looking it over, somewhere around 7500.
            Agreed.

Comment

Could you guys tell me what you think about this one?

He also sent me the following information via email. I am not looking for a big project or something and this seems pretty reasonable but I am not overly knowledgeable about them. Thanks!

My daughter drove it for about 3 months to and from school and we drove it a few times to visit family in Granbury.
              **There is a small rust spot in the bottom of the driver’s door on the inside of the car. I’ve never gotten under the car so I don’t know what it looks like.
              **We’ve had it about 9 months. We bought it for my daughter’s first car, but as it’s over 50 years old it needs tinkering with every once in a while and due to health issues I’ m not able to mess with it.
              * She had said that occasionally when driving at night the headlights would flicker. I assume this is due to a short somewhere, but I haven’t tried to find it. The rear passenger window needs a new regulator as it doesn’t stay rolled up and the driver door needs to be re-hung to fit better. It opens* and shuts OK, but needs attention to be perfect.
              * I don’t know what the motor is out of. It’s a straight six and I believe it’s a 200.
              2017 Infinity Q50s Red Sport
              2002 NSX

Comment

seems reasonable, if it isnt a rusty pile.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks, he just said that it came from West Texas when he bought it but didn't have any history beyond that.
                  2002 NSX

Comment

Originally posted by odenspike View Post
                    Thanks, he just said that it came from West Texas when he bought it but didn't have any history beyond that.
                    Did ya get it?
                    It does not look bad at all.
                    Funny, I live near this one, and recently looked at a 68 near McKinney.

Comment

Good that the guy is being honest about the little issues.

I have never seen a V8 car swapped to a 6 cylinder. I would like a look at the ViN.
                      The stripes are beyond terrible. I really can't imagine how someone could manage to do such a crap job.
                      Speaker holes cut into the doors are sad.
                      Flickering lights could be dying alternator or more likely bad switch. That could be wishful thinking though.
                      Wheels are tragic. I would have to factor replacement cost into the price.
                      The two big pluses are a decent pony interior and A/C
                      Have to assume it has the standard rust in the cowl and a little in the floor.

I wouldn't give more than 6,500 as it sits, but I'd push for more like 6k. Too much oddball stuff about this car. I'd walk away if there's any really difficult rust like trunk floor or frame rail.

Comment

Blake, are you referring to the installation of the stripes? Hard to tell with my old eyes on a phone!
                        I sent a text to him. May go take a look. Anyone around wanna go?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Blake, are you referring to the installation of the stripes? Hard to tell with my old eyes on a phone!
                          I sent a text to him. May go take a look. Anyone around wanna go?
                          Yeah, look at the stripes relative to the trunk lock. They are about as centered as lincolnboy.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            Yeah, look at the stripes relative to the trunk lock. They are about as centered as lincolnboy.
                            Good eye! I didn't even notice that!

I just went and saw/drove it.
                            Interior is definitely in good shape. Trunk is clean under the mat, but I did not peel it all the way up. Top of the gas tank was clean. Little surface rust underneath, and a couple small holes, smaller than a pencil, like maybe half of one.

AC works, blows decently cold. Steering was OK, about 1/4 turn worth of play. Brakes are what you'd expect on a 52 year old car, and pull to the right.

Paint is dull as hell, as you can see in the pics. I think the stripes were to make it look better from 10 feet away.

It didn't wow me, but could be a good driver and fixer upper. I did not talk price at all with him, but he mentioned he would come down some.

Comment

It is a 5-lug, and not 4-lug, but who knows if that's original. Very odd car that needs to be inspected thoroughly before someone throws down money.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up not pursuing and opted for a 97 wrangler to play with.
                                2002 NSX

Comment

Working...
                                X