Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gates and Co crying...

Boo freakin hoo M$ http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...695_story.html

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Meh, can't wait for Ubuntu mobile

Comment

Didn't Microsoft have a similar issue in the US when they first started bundling IE with Windows?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        Didn't Microsoft have a similar issue in the US when they first started bundling IE with Windows?
        yes. it was a bullshit ruling.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

That was in the UK and they're in the thick of it again for failing to put the opt-in/out in 7 Sp1.

The irony of this article is they make huge bank on licensing for Android.

Comment

US too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I wasn't privy to the US portion, thanks for the link

Comment

Here's a take on this I tend to agree with.

Microsoft and its allies already claim that Google abuses its dominance of web search. Now with the increasingly popularity of Google's Android software, they have complained that same damaging power is taking hold in the mobile internet market.

Comment

It will never benefit the consumer to only have three choices (iOS/Android/Windows). This is why I have hopes for Ubuntu coming to phones.

Comment

google is taking over the world, sucks the free market couldn't reel them in a bit.
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

The fact their company's primary revenue is from advertising gives them a huge edge over competitors like Microsoft. They can give it away or undercut everyone and still make their bottom line. Like MS or not, they were selling a product still, Google isn't really selling anything to consumers. This isn't really the same thing that Microsoft faced with their antitrust lawsuits.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Microsoft was giving away Internet Explorer and killing the profitability of other browsers. Google is giving away Android and killing the profitability of other mobile OSes.
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Microsoft was giving away Internet Explorer and killing the profitability of other browsers. Google is giving away Android and killing the profitability of other mobile OSes.
                          Totally different. Google is friends with Obama.

Comment

Okay, I thought the MS decision(s) were stupid and I think this one is as well. It's not like MS stopped the various browser back then from being installed - they just gave you one to use. Since theirs sucked there was one or two bad ass ones way back when (one for sure is dead, but I can't remember it's name) and most people just installed it. Hell, Netscape was one I think that was great for a year or two.

Either way, these things should not be chosen for us in court. It's a terrible move no matter who is doing it.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Gates and Co crying? You do realize that Apple, MSFT, and Google currently have one giant circle-jerk of litigation going currently, have had it going for several years now, and will continue to have it into the foreseeable future? On IP and anti-trust, if you're not litigating, you're falling behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X