• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good man.

we've added different beans, corn, etc.

hope you like it
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

So I made the chili today, and I haven't tried it yet, but here's some pics of the lentils, veggies, and then it all together.

Comment

added some cilantro, lemon juice and green onions at the end...

Amazing! Oh and I doubled the original recipe, and added water to make a little more liquid consistancy, no oil and no salt added to this batch. Also went with a can of hatch green chiles, and 2 diced fresh jalapenos, and one can black beans, one can pinto beans, one can kidney beans, and one can black eyed peas instead of all black beans. Rinsed them out of the can, then added them same as Forrest's recipe. Still came out amazing, I have plenty for lunch this week and then some.

Comment

good idea on the green onion!!!

the lemon juice brings it together for me
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Posting some stuff from another forum.

Protein Pancakes

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup rolled oats
            * 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or low fat or full fat)
            * 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
            * 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
            * 1/4 tsp cinnamon
            * 1 tsp vanilla extract
            * 1/4 cup water
            * pinch of salt
            * 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
            * 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

* cooking spray or coconut oil
            * agave syrup

Direction

1. Heat medium size skillet to medium heat.
            2. Place the oats, cottage cheese, apple sauce, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and salt in the blender and blend on high for 1 minute, until incorporated thoroughly.
            3. Add the baking powder and protein powder and give the blender a few quick pulses to incorporate.
            4. Coat the skillet with oil and pour 1/4 of the batter on the skillet.
            5. After bubbles begin to form around the edges, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
            6. Remove pancake and continue to cook the rest of the cakes.
            7. Serve with agave syrup, fruit, peanut butter, etc.

Tip: Place cooked pancakes in a slightly warmed oven, to keep the heated while you finish making the rest of the batch.

Yields 4 servings.
            Nutrition

Per pancake

Calories: 111
            Fat: 2 g
            Carbs: 12.5 g
            Protein: 12 g
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Protein Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup 2% ***e plain yogurt
            * 1 serving (32g) chocolate whey protein powder (I like Optimum Nutrition Natural)
            * 1 tbsp water
            * 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh
            * 1 tbsp Uncle Sam cereal

Directions

Add yogurt, protein powder, and water to food processor and blend together. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor container to ensure that the protein powder is thoroughly incorporated.

Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl. Top with blueberries and Uncle Sam. Indulge… and feel good about it!

Nutritional Info

1 serving

Calories: 282
            Fat: 5.5 g
            Carbs: 21 g
            Protein: 39 g

Note: For less calories and/or protein, use ½ scoop of protein powder rather than a full serving. You could also add cocoa powder for more chocolatey flavor!
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients

* 1 tbsp ground cumin
            * 1 tsp onion powder
            * 1 tsp garlic powder
            * 1/2 tsp chili powder
            * 1/2 tsp salt
            * 1/2 tsp black pepper
            * 1 tbsp olive oil + drizzle
            * 2 medium size sweet potatoes (about 16 oz total)

Directions

Preheat oven to 500° F. Cover baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) or skip this step. Drizzle a little olive oil onto baking sheet and wipe with a paper towel to coat evenly.

I like to coat the baking sheet as well as add a thin coating of oil on the fries themselves, to ensure that they do not stick (without having to add massive amounts of oil).

In a small bowl, mix spices together with a fork. Set aside.

Cut sweet potatoes into ½” x ½” fries. I tend to slice the potato stick in half as well if the potatoes are really long. I leave the skin on, for nutritional purposes as well as for the extra crispiness that it adds.

In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes and oil, and toss with one hand. With your other hand, add the spice mixture a sprinkle at a time, and continue to toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.

Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through — about 15-20 minutes.

Nutritional Info

4 serving = per serving

Calories: 164
            Fat: 4 g
            Carbs: 32 g
            Protein: 2 g
            Slow moving projects
            1964 C10 350/700r4
            1992 LX 5.0

Comment

MEATLOAF!

Ingredients-

1lb Ground turkey
              1 cup green pepper
              1 cup white onion
              2 carrots
              1/4 tsp Tuscan spices

Directions-

Dice the green pepper and white onion; grate the 2 carrots. Ground the turkey meat. Mix well with 1/4 teaspoon Tuscan spices. Spray loaf pan with Pam, Pack turkey loaf mixture in pan, bake at 350 till crisp.

Makes 4 servings: 295 calories, 32g protein, 7g carbs, 15g fat per serving (good source of Vitamin A).
              If that is too large a serving, you can cut each in half and get 8 servings: 148calories, 16g protein, 3.5g carbs, 7.5g fat per serving.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's a desert that I found:

Protein Brownies

Ingredients-

2/3 cup protein powder (I use ON 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate)
              2/3 cup wheat flour, whole grain
              1/2 tsp salt
              1 tsp baking powder
              1 cup unsweetened applesauce
              1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
              2 cup SPLENDA granular
              6 egg whites
              1 egg, large
              1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions-

Mix dry together, mix applesauce with cocoa, splenda, eggs and vanilla. Mix together bake in ungreased pan for 30-35 min at 350F.

Makes 16 servings (1 serving = 1 brownie): 70 calories, 7g protein, 10g carb, 2g fat per serving.

Comment

Baked Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Cottage Cheese.

6 servings

Ingredients:

6 Chicken Breasts (large)

For Stuffing:

A big bunch of spinach

Cottage Cheese

1 Egg

1 Clove Garlic chopped

Black Pepper

Salt

Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

Coating:

Italian Dressing

A1 steak sauce

Dijonnaise Mustard

Cider Vinegar

2 Tbsp each

Method:

Take breast and lay a piece of cling wrap or plastic over. Use a meat mallet or a rolling pin to flatten it. Try to get an even thickness.

Sauté spinach in olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. It will cook down to very little. Let it cool.

Transfer to a pan and add in cottage cheese and egg and mix it well.

Take about 3 Tbsp of the mixture and put it on the flattened meat.

Roll the meat up and secure top and sides with toothpicks (soak them in water before hand)

Coat baking tray with Spray on Olive oil. If you don’t have this any oil will do. Just spread a good amount around.

Transfer chicken to coated tray.

Mix coating ingredients and spread over chicken.

Pop in the pre heated oven for 20 mins on 200 degrees Celsius.

Post Notes:

I made my recipe as healthy as possible. You can substitute the cottage cheese for feta or shredded parmesan to make it tastier.

If you have time marinade the chicken to give it more flavoring. Marinade with olive oil , garlic and anything acidic (lemon juice/cider vinegar/yoghurt). Oil gives it moisture and the acidic bit tenderizes it. Marinade AFTER flattening.

Comment

Chocolate-Banana Cheesecake:

The crust:

2 bananas
                  2 cups oats

Blend in food processor then line the bottom of a pie tin with the mixture. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

The Filling:

16oz FF cream cheese
                  2 bananas
                  1/2 cup splenda
                  2 eggs
                  2 egg whites
                  2 tbsp vanilla extract

Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into the pie tin with the crust and bake on 350 degrees for ~45minutes or until you can poke it with a fork and pull it out with nothing on it. When done, allow to cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge.

The Chocolate Topping:

1 scoop chocolate whey
                  4 tbsp cocoa powder
                  2 tbsp splenda

Mix all ingredients with water until thick. After the cheesecake has been in the fridge for ~30 minutes, spread the topping on the cake then replace in fridge to set for another hour or so. Cut into 8 slices.

1 slice (1/8 recipe) has ~200 calories.
                  Slow moving projects
                  1964 C10 350/700r4
                  1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Here's one my kids really like...especially since I'm always cooking chicken / turkey and not much else.

Take large boneless/skinless chicken breasts and slit down the side (be careful to make more of a pocket than a slice through and through.) Get some tomato/basil/herb laughing cow cream cheese (or any other flavor you enjoy...there are tons of different ones to choose from)

insert one wedge of cream cheese into the small slit cut into the side of the chicken, along with a small slice of bell pepper (I use a small slice of yellow, green, and red) and also a small slice of onion (I use purple onion)

Wrap stuffed chicken breast with a slice of turkey bacon using a toothpick to make the bacon stay in place if need be. sprinkle over the tops of prepared bacon wrapped breasts, the remaining diced onion/pepper left overs ... add any seasoning to taste (I use a small dash applewood bacon rub) Cover the pan and bake on 375 for at least 30 minutes. Uncover dish and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
                    Originally posted by Vertnut
                    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      For those of us that love pasta but count calories...spaghetti squash is a marvel!

Below is my meal tonight:

Spaghetti squash with light butter, Garlic, and salt/pepper to taste, light parmesean ~50cal per cup

Spaghetti sauce~ 90cal per serving

Grilled chicken breast ~110cal

Total: 250 Calories

Zero calorie noodles - http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt's girl View Post
                        Nice, but have you seen the price???

Explore everything Miracle Noodle has to offer at MiracleNoodle.com, including Miracle Rice, fruit vinegars, healthy soups, nut butters, vinegars and your favorite healthy no carb pastas.

Comment

subscribing, wish I saw this thread sooner! Keep it alive!

Comment

Kale chips!!11!!1

I have recently started making Kale chips as a snack...does anyone else do this?

Its just rinsed Kale, dried, then lightly drizzled with olive oil and seasoning salt.

Very low calorie snack that won't really fill you up, but keep you from eating when you don't need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              I have recently started making Kale chips as a snack...does anyone else do this?

Its just rinsed Kale, dried, then lightly drizzled with olive oil and seasoning salt.

Very low calorie snack that won't really fill you up, but keep you from eating when you don't need to be.
                              Did you miss a step? Dried, as in with a paper towel, or dehydrated? If it's not dehydrated or baked, I don't see what makes it a chip really.

And that's a pretty good idea. Using the natural bitterness to stop you from snacking when you don't need to be.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Did you miss a step? Dried, as in with a paper towel, or dehydrated? If it's not dehydrated or baked, I don't see what makes it a chip really.

And that's a pretty good idea. Using the natural bitterness to stop you from snacking when you don't need to be.
                                Lol yes I forgot to add baking at 350 for 10 to 15 after seasoning...will edit later

Comment

Working...
                                X